United Forces 30-Day Premium Pack Pricing?

Lowry

I gotta know, what makes this pack "50% off", exactly? At $20, it seems like the same old offers for $5 MORE than usual. It seems like the same "Outlander Token" offered upon first subscription, along with the typical pet/mount offered upon subscription depending on where you may have purchased from, along with the same 500 Cartel Coins offered for a month of subscription, the "5-pack Major Exp boosts" are the same found in the Origin bundle, and even the "Thermal Retention Suit" just seems like one of the bonuses provided when you subscribe during a specific timeframe.

Can someone run down the specific pricing comparisons for me so I can understand where the savings actually lie in this bundle?

EDIT: Link, for reference http://www.swtor.com/buy?intcmp=sor_bwa-mkt-t-us-lp-210

Edited by Lowry
Link

I gotta know, what makes this pack "50% off", exactly? At $20, it seems like the same old offers for $5 MORE than usual. It seems like the same "Outlander Token" offered upon first subscription, along with the typical pet/mount offered upon subscription depending on where you may have purchased from, along with the same 500 Cartel Coins offered for a month of subscription, the "5-pack Major Exp boosts" are the same found in the Origin bundle, and even the "Thermal Retention Suit" just seems like one of the bonuses provided when you subscribe during a specific timeframe.

Can someone run down the specific pricing comparisons for me so I can understand where the savings actually lie in this bundle?

EDIT: Link, for reference http://www.swtor.com/buy?intcmp=sor_bwa-mkt-t-us-lp-210

I'm not sure on a lot of that stuff as I've not seen the pack. But the Thermal Retention suit was only a free gift when you purchased Battlefront & entered the code. (That game was $49.99.)

$15 for 30 day sub, the character boost isn't cheap if memory serves (I still think they're useless as they are, but whatever), 500cc is around $5.50, any mount is going to cost you more than $5 in credits from ANY game's virtual store, and usually in the $10 - $15 range, and then there's a costume armor tossed in as well (yeah it's blah, but it still counts). I can see the pack being worth $19.99 to some if they don't have the mount already or the suit.

the character boost isn't cheap if memory serves (I still think they're useless as they are, but whatever)

That's just the free character boost, you get it automatically when you subscribe, in fact I'm pretty sure you get it for free when you create a new F2P account now.

So that can't be it. I'm not sure why it says 50%, it must be because of the mount + armor set, but those are exclusives and not available for individual sale, so no idea.

That's just the free character boost, you get it automatically when you subscribe, in fact I'm pretty sure you get it for free when you create a new F2P account now.

So that can't be it. I'm not sure why it says 50%, it must be because of the mount + armor set, but those are exclusives and not available for individual sale, so no idea.

My point was you can purchase boosts from the Store--or at least I thought you could. I was thinking they were high in CC price. That means they (boosts) have an actual cash value as well as the other items I mentioned. Whether they give them out free or not at other times (I've had several free ones) is beside the point.

Personally, I would wait for this pack for one reason: the previous "special promo pack", whatever you want to call it, contained a character boost as well as access to KotFE/KotET and a walker mount, and ended up being given away for free for a limited time to anyone with a Twitch account connected to their Amazon Prime account (Twitch Prime). This "new" pack says it will be available until Jan. 15 or whatever. I would wait and see if it ends up between now and then in Twitch Prime's list of freebies.

the price is higher due to xp packs, mount and outfit. both mount and outfit are cartel market direct purchase items originally (personaly i bought the hood down version back when they first came out) I think that tauntaun was something like 1500 cartel coins? maybe? i don't remember, but basicaly the savings is that you get those cheaper than if you bougth them separately. the question is... can they be resold on GTN, or are they bound to your account? cause if they can be resold? could be worth it. if they cannot be resold? unless you really really want them? meh.