Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Galactic Command Xp after reaching Command Rank 300

casirabit

I have 2 characters (one smuggler and one counselor) at Rank 300 but once they reached 300 their xp was cut.

Prior to my Consular reaching 300 she was getting 101 or 112 (xp) due to the extra 25% I had from my smuggler and the Improved Command Experience my Consular had (10%) but now that she has reached 300 the command xp is 82 instead.

You actually reduced the amount of command xp I was getting even though I have 2 rank 300 and the extra command experience. This gives the impression you should not reach command rank 300 if you are cut the command experience.

I have 2 characters (one smuggler and one counselor) at Rank 300 but once they reached 300 their xp was cut.

Prior to my Consular reaching 300 she was getting 101 or 112 (xp) due to the extra 25% I had from my smuggler and the Improved Command Experience my Consular had (10%) but now that she has reached 300 the command xp is 82 instead.

You actually reduced the amount of command xp I was getting even though I have 2 rank 300 and the extra command experience. This gives the impression you should not reach command rank 300 if you are cut the command experience.

The bonus is for toons under rank 300. Once you reach cap you no longer receive that bonus.

Granted this changes on Nov. 28th (ONCE AGAIN, FOR ALL THE _____ CALLING ME A WHITE KNIGHT -- IT DEPENDS ON THE CONVERSION RATE)...and Casira, not calling you one of said idiots... but ... the reason to get to 300 is you have a chance, albeit very low to get T4 gear.

Granted this changes on Nov. 28th (ONCE AGAIN, FOR ALL THE _____ CALLING ME A WHITE KNIGHT -- IT DEPENDS ON THE CONVERSION RATE)...and Casira, not calling you one of said idiots... but ... the reason to get to 300 is you have a chance, albeit very low to get T4 gear.

Jdast, I already have T4 gear on my smuggler. I just didn't like the way my cxp was cut after getting my consular to 300. I had a feeling it would do that since my smuggler was doing that but I still disagree with it. If you get characters to 300 then the rate should stay the same, not reduced.

Just doesn't make sense to me but then again some things they do don't make sense p.

Jdast, I already have T4 gear on my smuggler. I just didn't like the way my cxp was cut after getting my consular to 300. I had a feeling it would do that since my smuggler was doing that but I still disagree with it. If you get characters to 300 then the rate should stay the same, not reduced.

Just doesn't make sense to me but then again some things they do don't make sense p.

It is a perk added to give your alts an easier climb to rank 300. Once you get there it's business as usual.

• 2 months later...
I have 2 classes at Command Rank 300. Commando which i get the 25% for but i also have a Gunslinger i don't they said it was gonna be fixed on this update. Come on bio get your **** together i'm losing out on CXP everyday.

Sort of a necro but I'll bite...

I don't think they view this as something to "fix" -- they have remarked before that it is intentional.

And, FYI, agree with Casira and advocated in Lord Artemis' thread that they keep bonuses intact. It is sort of a psychological punch in the gut to see the CXP rate go down after getting to 300.

Dasty

It is a perk added to give your alts an easier climb to rank 300. Once you get there it's business as usual.

Exactly! If the OP wants an additional CXP rate boost she can run the normal CXP boost that you can buy with command tokens or get from CXP crates and use her monthly cartel coins to purchase the character specific CXP boost under the character section of the legacy perks.

This was a QOL improvement in order to make getting to 300 on alts easier (in lieu of a legacy wide CXP level)...and it made it much easier which I was very glad for. I'm almost on my 8th 300 CXP toon and have several more in the high 200s thanks to this system.

The whole point of that perk is to get your other alts to 300 quicker. I'm not sure why this is still unclear to people, but that's where it's at.

I get that you don't like that you don't also get that bonus at 300 but that's what it was designed for.

The whole point of that perk is to get your other alts to 300 quicker. I'm not sure why this is still unclear to people, but that's where it's at.

I get that you don't like that you don't also get that bonus at 300 but that's what it was designed for.

Most of us get that -- doesn't mean we can't express our displeasure of it.

But im not not getting credit for the gunslinger that hit 300 period im getting credit for is the Commando which is the only toon im getting credit for

Yeah the first character that hits 300 doesn't count...it's additional characters. I wonder if you have a second gunslinger or agent if that one then would count.

Interesting point...I never though of this.

Yeah the first character that hits 300 doesn't count...it's additional characters. I wonder if you have a second gunslinger or agent if that one then would count.

Interesting point...I never though of this.

Yes i also have a sniper at 300

Last time we had a CXP boost, I ground hard to get my first toon to 300 command rank. Then, I swapped to a different toon to grind up. Getting that extra 25% was nice... and then, finally, I had my second toon to 300. Switching back to my first toon... was a big shock. Suddenly if felt like not only was I not getting my 2nd 25% bonus, I was also not getting the first 25% bonus I'd earned on that very character. I filed a bug report AND a ticket.

...not surprisingly, given the state of CSM these days, the answer I got in no way reflected that this was the way it was supposed to be, but in the interim (I wanna say 2 weeks) I'd already figured that part out.

Still... it feels kind of crappy to earn this Legacy Bonus on a character... and then that very character that earned the bonus doesn't benefit from it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.