First Time Jedi Shadow and Cartel Coins

pastormanz

I started playing a Jedi Shadow for the first time after a 2 year hiatus from the game. What tips do y’all have for me, especially for PvE? Also, I have 4,400 Cartel Coins burning a hole in my pocket. Any must have items I should pick up?

Depends your spec honestly. All three spec are really different from one to another. If you like cool animations along with decent damage, you want to direct yourself towards Infiltration. If you're more of a run around, dot everyone and aoe guy then play Serenity. Otherwise, Kinetic Combat is a great tank spec if you ever want to take damage, still it relies more on your own knowledge of your opponent than any other tank spec (you'll have to learn what type of attack your opponent is using, react quickly and use the appropriate defensive cooldown, otherwise you'll just take a lot of damage).

In terms of CM items, just invest in some Jedi Robes (Nadia, one of your companions does have a great jedi armor though, you could borrow it if you don't want to spend money in that :p ) and a nice DualSaber with some cool effect/color. Otherwise you don't need much. Shadows have one of the most cool looking animations of the game along with assassins and Powetech, trust me it's enough :rak_03:

• 3 weeks later...

I love the Jedi Shadow class, it replaced my Guardian very quickly as my main in RP and PvE.

I enjoy the stealth aspect of the Shadow class, with CC making certain heroic fights easier than they should be (this was before companions were OP and some encounters were actually challenging, soloing certain 2+ heroics was easy peasy!) I love the animations and the balance between force powers and ligthsaber moves in combat flow nicely. Good crowd control and the ability to cloak in combat being the icing on the cake for me as a player, nowadays the Shadow synergises it's skills really well it used to be abit rocky, but there is a good and reliable rotation that you'll find as you progress, if not google it.

I bought the Sanctified Caretaker robes for my Shadow, and he's not taken them off since - I slapped some Dark Brown/Medium dye on them, and that was that. I use the Tempted Apprentice saberstaff hilt as it has a really vicious sound and great blade definition from the emitter, and use a classic Yellow crystal as Shadows are the Consulars come Sentinels of the Jedi Order.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Shadow

A great link for lore on the Jedi Shadow.

There is nothing specifically you need for your Shadow from the CM, just buy any convenience items you want, and find some good looking gear you might like.

I run Infiltration, and sometimes Kinetic Combat (but rarely KC) and have modded at 70 with Overkill augments prioritising Mastery and Power in any augment or mod in every slot available, I balance my crit chance with my accuracy rather than investing in one over the other when the choice arises, mods aren't needed they just bring a welcome increase in stats for your endgame play if that floats your boat.

Overall, enjoy your dualsaber wielding, sneaky Jedi - they may not do the sustained DPS of a Sentinel but they are great at burst damage and can really throw a fight in Infiltration spec, I can't speak to PvP as I don't play often though the times I have - I've really noticed the classes ability to burst down an injured player or a healer if they are focusing on someone else from stealth.

Edited by Farstrider

I love the Jedi Shadow class, it replaced my Guardian very quickly as my main in RP and PvE.

I enjoy the stealth aspect of the Shadow class, with CC making certain heroic fights easier than they should be (this was before companions were OP and some encounters were actually challenging, soloing certain 2+ heroics was easy peasy!) I love the animations and the balance between force powers and ligthsaber moves in combat flow nicely. Good crowd control and the ability to cloak in combat being the icing on the cake for me as a player, nowadays the Shadow synergises it's skills really well it used to be abit rocky, but there is a good and reliable rotation that you'll find as you progress, if not google it.

I bought the Sanctified Caretaker robes for my Shadow, and he's not taken them off since - I slapped some Dark Brown/Medium dye on them, and that was that. I use the Tempted Apprentice saberstaff hilt as it has a really vicious sound and great blade definition from the emitter, and use a classic Yellow crystal as Shadows are the Consulars come Sentinels of the Jedi Order.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Shadow

A great link for lore on the Jedi Shadow.

There is nothing specifically you need for your Shadow from the CM, just buy any convenience items you want, and find some good looking gear you might like.

I run Infiltration, and sometimes Kinetic Combat (but rarely KC) and have modded at 70 with Overkill augments prioritising Mastery and Power in any augment or mod in every slot available, I balance my crit chance with my accuracy rather than investing in one over the other when the choice arises, mods aren't needed they just bring a welcome increase in stats for your endgame play if that floats your boat.

Overall, enjoy your dualsaber wielding, sneaky Jedi - they may not do the sustained DPS of a Sentinel but they are great at burst damage and can really throw a fight in Infiltration spec, I can't speak to PvP as I don't play often though the times I have - I've really noticed the classes ability to burst down an injured player or a healer if they are focusing on someone else from stealth.

I'd be just carefull about your advice of gear though, Overkill Augments aren't that usefull for a nice and optimized gear. Still, do what you want, it's just a game after all ;)

Overall, Shadow is a class that is easy to play but hard to master, due to the «rotation» who tend to be more of a priority system rather than a defined rotation.

As for endgame dps gear, you'd want to stick to 110% accuracy (1 enhancement, three augments and one stim) as well as investing in alacrity a bit. There is a significant improvement in terms of dps when going over the cap of 15,60% alacrity, you should try to go get this as soon as possible. Throw the rest of the stats you can have in critical and you're good to go. :rak_03: