Something I've Haven't Understood from Day One

SolarSaenz

After you complete the mystic trials on Voss (part of the planetary quest), you talk to someone. On pub side the NPC says "One much like a Mystic now protects the Voss."

Who is this "one" who is "much like a mystic"?

Is this ever explained?

It can't be the PC because really, the PC is "just passing through" so to speak and doesn't have much to do with the Voss until the events of KOTET.

It can't be the Voss mystics themselves because they are not "like a mystic", they are actually mystics.

Does anyone have any insight?

For reference:

Here is the best answer I've uncovered.

If you do the Imperial Agent storyline, you eventually find out that the Voss Mystics (more specifically, The Three who govern Voss) were given technology by the Star Cabal to remain neutral to the Republic and the Empire for 3000 days. This was enacted by the Star Cabal agent known as the "Shining Man" who manipulated The Three by creating an ancient Voss prophecy.

Here is the best answer I've uncovered.

If you do the Imperial Agent storyline, you eventually find out that the Voss Mystics (more specifically, The Three who govern Voss) were given technology by the Star Cabal to remain neutral to the Republic and the Empire for 3000 days. This was enacted by the Star Cabal agent known as the "Shining Man" who manipulated The Three by creating an ancient Voss prophecy.

Thanks. I thought about that too sort of. It's just been a while since I've done the agent storyline that I couldn't say for sure if

the "Shining Man" is the one that Voss was referring to. By the way, in game chronology, that 3000 days is almost up. I doubt BW/Ea will do anything with it, but it's still fun to think about.