The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Wanted: Saber using Vader's saber sounds from Rogue one

Kirtastropohe

The sounds used for Vader's saber, particularly the start up sound and background hum were awesome, and just as cool was the swinging sounds...so angry and powerful. I would love a saber in game using these sounds. I also believe at least some of these sounds (such as start up) were used in the clone wars TV series. Edited by Kirtastropohe

There seem to be licensing issues with many sounds that appear in the movies. Lightsabers and blasters, in most cases, sound very poorly and it's rare to find anything relatively similar that sounds "impactful" and similar to what we're used to from films.

Also a very curious case: Unrelenting Interceptor mount. When it came out it was rather popular and a lot of of people liked it due to its audio. During flourish you could hear a modified Vader breathing sound as well as when the mount started moving. People really liked it and I did too and it was a selling point of the mount. About 5-7 months later there is a patch where devs completely change the audio removing all Vader breathing-like sounds. No explanation and barely enough players to protest / question devs are left in the game, let alone post on forums. It really hurt the mount which isn't my favorite anymore as well as its prices.

Strangely the old Unrelenting Interceptor showcase was also removed from youtube and replaced with the updated one.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

There seem to be licensing issues with many sounds that appear in the movies. Lightsabers and blasters, in most cases, sound very poorly and it's rare to find anything relatively similar that sounds "impactful" and similar to what we're used to from films.

SWTOR isn't the only MMORPG with this problem. Most rifles in GW2 sound a bit insipid. And here "most" means "all of them except one". Scarlet's Kiss is a big huge hulking thing, and when you attack with it, it "speaks" with real authority, meaning it is loud as [REDACTED].