Crisis on Umbrara Story, Upset and Dismayed

Shiannelove

In a sense it might not matter whether the "traitor" was genuinely betraying the Alliance or whether the traitor was acting as a 'rogue' double agent infiltrating the Order. From BW's perspective it would be quite easy to have the storyline be such that both of those possibilities have the same effect -- exposing serious weakness in the alliance and the loss of one of it's early leading members. The end result could be to eliminate The alliance from the SW:TOR storyline in the future a so many claim to want.

Just a thought.

I doubt they'd eliminate Theron without eliminating Lana. That, and female SW's literally had to choose between him and Quinn 5min before the Umbara FP. So yeah, Theron's not gone for good. Not to mention all the additional media that he stars in. He's a big player in their story.

Edited by Dracofish

Haha, I think they meant to make it sorta obvious, otherwise there'd be full-on rioting in the streets, moreso than there is now, lol. There's still small flickers of doubt, but I'm staying pretty positive (considering I'd been spoilered on this for over two weeks now). There are also some hopeful Tweets floating around from writers hinting at fans to "just hang in there!"

The one common theme I'm seeing is that folks are saying it's so out of character...of course it is! The people he's putting on a show for don't know him from a can of paint, so as long as he can convince them of his intentions, that's all that matters. Maybe that was also part of his plan...be so obvious to the Commander. The way the Commander even asks about why he didn't take all the crystals makes it sound like he/she may already have wheels turning about what really happened.

And, if romanced, we know that he is very truthful about really loving the Commander...because it's not like he'd just lie to the air when nobody is there to here it. And yeah, Mr. Baker really nailed that line. I wonder if when they handed him the whole script they were like "ok, so we deliberately want you to sound off-character here, here, and here."

I'm with you....I think it was a great twist of story. The whole laggy train fight was my biggest beef. The only part of the entire story I have had a very very had time with was Iokath. The choices were just stupid and didn't fit my LS Jedi at all.

I doubt they'd eliminate Theron without eliminating Lana. That, and female SW's literally had to choose between him and Quinn 5min before the Umbara FP. So yeah, Theron's not gone for good. Not to mention all the additional media that he stars in. He's a big player in their story.

Quite true. Of course in my little theory on story writing, it wouldn't really necessitate eliminating Theron (or Lana or ....) from the game. He/She could be around one way or another no matter what. There are problems with that though, just as their are problems for the Eternally Missing Companions. Be all that as it may, I usually am guilty of giving the BW writers far too much credit in future plots. ;)