The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Colouring-Horror of the New Hairstyles

Ylliarus

If BW moved this thread to Bug Reports, I'm quite sure that we can assume that this is not working as intended. I mean, this is definitely not black. And not just in a "badly coded black" way. It's a completely different colour.

Maybe all the new coders EA hired for BW didn't know about the previous hair colour system. Like, they don't know that 10 in the character screen means black hair.

They just coded some colours for the new hairstyle and now someone realised that their self-made colours don't match the original colour system.

BW, how close to the truth am I? ;)

Or maybe there is just a simply typo in the opacity value? 10% instead of 100%. :D (It actually looks like this to me, 10% black over the original blonde.)

The red colour looks red to me though. Maybe not a red the OP prefers, but it's definitely red.

I hope this is the case! It makes sense in any case, a lot of sense so I wouldn't be surprised if it is indeed a bug or at least "not working as intended"

I don't expect they'll actually respond to you, you know...

You can always try ;) they do respond to threads, not all of them but definitely a lot

Edited by Ylliarus

I recommend calling customer service and letting them know the exact details of what happened. The same thing has happened to me in the past and they restored it quickly and relatively easily (just had to have as much detail as I could find, like my CC log, which character I purchased it on (not which account), when I attempted to buy it, what were the error messages, etc.
I put in a ticket and they gave me a refund so all good now :)

Yah, color channels of new hairstyles are messed pretty badly. Maybe green channels doesn't apply properly or applies by 50%. So attempt to make BLACK pigtails will result of receiving GREEN pigtails. So, voting for fix of this!

Edit: nah, the new hairstyles don't get improper channeling with black overlay, they just have brighter INNATE color. While usual hair with black overlay receives dark gray-yellowish color on their brightest component, this one receives brighter color and gets light gray-yellowish.

Edited by DDaMAGEr