Torian Cedara question. Wondering if I messed up.

Vigilark

While on ship, Torian wanted to talk. I selected "not interested in war stories" because I figured I would get a disapproval, and that beats none at all which the other two options gave (I regret doing so now). Anyway, my character says, "keep it to yourself" and Torian says, sorry, then conversation ends. Wondering if I just killed his questline and/or buff? Doubt bioware would do that, but unsure. Anyone choose this option before and know? Edited by Vigilark

Nah..he'll still talk to you..you just didn't get good influence. Which is now all important to the game.

He got bad influence, which is better than no influence. That's a major piece of weirdness that arose when they went from Affection.

In the Times Of Affection, there were three outcomes:

* Companion likes: Gain N Affection points

* Companion is indifferent: No points either way.

* Companion dislikes: LOSE X Affection points. X was usually 1 point, but there were a sprinkling of conversations where you could lose around 30(1), and one memorable one for the Trooper where Elara could lose more than 400 points, out of 10,000.(2)

(1) Example: one of the Kaas City side missions, from a guy at the top of the stairs to the crew skill trainer area, where an Inquisitor could get hit for 30 points with Khem Val.

(2) Yes, that did mean it was possible to have a negative Affection score with a companion(3). It was limited to -1000 points, though.

(3) I had this briefly with Tanno Vik on a "Light-only" trooper, since there is a conversation when he is about to join you where there was a "disapproves" choice, and that choice was LS.

In These More Enlightened(?) Days Of Influence, there are four outcomes:

* Companion likes a lot: +400 Influence

* Companion likes: +200 Influence

* Companion is indifferent: no points

* Companion dislikes: +50 Influence