Is SWTOR Not Giving Stronghold Previews and Descriptions Prior to Launch Anymore?

Kingrami

I am curious to know with all this attempt of increased transparency from the DEV's, that we, the player-base, are not having new stronghold previews like before?

Manaan was this big hype created by the fans but not supported by SWTOR until day of launch. Many would argue Manaan was a bust. Has we seen it before launch, perhaps constructive commentary could have helped the stronghold by DEV's seeing what worked and didn't work based off our reactions. This could have allowed for a push back of a week in order to change the hooks that were chosen or size of the actual stronghold itself as far as rooms go.

Now we have another unique stronghold coming. I am for am excited to see what is new here and I'll be right there with many others to purchase this stronghold via requirements needed to purchase it. BUT THERE ISN'T any previews or notes or photos for it.

Have the DEV's simply just decided to not promote content like strongholds like before? Is there a sense of putting out content and as long as it's content we, the playerbase will be happy with it? I certainly hope I am wrong and that there is more to promotion than just a simple line on a monthly or bi-monthly DEV note.

SWTOR has media to promote their items and youtubers that feature and provide exposure for essentially free. Use these medias!! Not many words are even needed just a DEV using his or her cell phone and posting these previews of content so we can all be excited for it or at the very least expect to see what's coming up.

Your loyal subscriber and C.M. buyer,

Some Player from Ebon-Hawk

I am curious to know with all this attempt of increased transparency from the DEV's, that we, the player-base, are not having new stronghold previews like before?

Manaan was this big hype created by the fans but not supported by SWTOR until day of launch. Many would argue Manaan was a bust. Has we seen it before launch, perhaps constructive commentary could have helped the stronghold by DEV's seeing what worked and didn't work based off our reactions. This could have allowed for a push back of a week in order to change the hooks that were chosen or size of the actual stronghold itself as far as rooms go.

Now we have another unique stronghold coming. I am for am excited to see what is new here and I'll be right there with many others to purchase this stronghold via requirements needed to purchase it. BUT THERE ISN'T any previews or notes or photos for it.

Have the DEV's simply just decided to not promote content like strongholds like before? Is there a sense of putting out content and as long as it's content we, the playerbase will be happy with it? I certainly hope I am wrong and that there is more to promotion than just a simple line on a monthly or bi-monthly DEV note.

SWTOR has media to promote their items and youtubers that feature and provide exposure for essentially free. Use these medias!! Not many words are even needed just a DEV using his or her cell phone and posting these previews of content so we can all be excited for it or at the very least expect to see what's coming up.

Your loyal subscriber and C.M. buyer,

Some Player from Ebon-Hawk

Here is a preview of the Umbara Train Stronghold

. Also, If you would like to see what the train looks like there is this video
. Now I am pretty sure that they have left it for the major YouTube'ers to post so that it can expand the idea of the game being "for the players". Also, idk why you have to complain about it when they are making something new and adding this in a few days? It seems like everyone just doesn't have any patience these days.

not a complaint =D

Believe me, since you both post on the forums, you know as well as I when people are "impatient" or just simply posting to grab attention #trolls Definitely not me nor has it been in my history on the forums =)

Anways,

thank you for your posts, though it was more of an advertisement question rather than what you both felt were personal strikes at the game I love and play almost daily =D

This forum man... no strongholds for two years then we get two and all I hear is complaints.

In defense of the criticism, they need to follow through with the transparency. Actions speak way louder than words and if they're trying to chance the precedent set they have to start showing it.

For example, name ONE valid reason this game shouldn't have an open PTS. The people they are getting to critique comment are failing horribly or simply just searching for bugs and glitches and not evaluating the content itself.

It makes no sense to not have open playerbase testing unless you just don't care. There is no content this game has put out since launch that has merited a closed private testing server.

Edited by MissilyMilcasia