New Speeder Piloting Ranks

So... I'm confused.

The patch notes say that we have two new Speeder Piloting Ranks, 4 and 5 and that they're a legacy unlock.

So I got into the legacy tab and the only reference to Speeder Piloting 4 and 5 that I can find is in the section with IMPROVED Speeder Piloting, which historically has only ever been used to unlock the ability to train a speeder rank -EARLY-, not actually grant a rank itself.

Where do I get the actual training from? I don't want it early, I just want to have it.

Or is that now the only way to get the new ranks? I have never purchased any of the Improved Speeder Piloting perks, as I've never felt the need to purchase the ability to train them early; I was always happy to get them when I get them.

Currently, as a sub, I get Speeder 2 at L25, and Speeder 3 at 35. If I purchase the Improved Speeder Piloting 4, then technically, I should be able to have rank 4 before I even get 3, LOL. Is that how it now works?

Or do I have to buy Imp. Speeder 1, 2 and 3 before I can get Imp. Speeder 4, and that's the ONLY way to get a 120% speed Speeder?

Edited by Raphael_diSanto

It's confusing, but when I look at the highlight frame on my L70 around each of the improved speeder options, I can buy Imp Speeder 1-4, but not 5 or 6. I take it to mean I can jump straight to Imp Speeded 4 (though I haven't bothered since I don't have a spare 600k lying about)

It's confusing, but when I look at the highlight frame on my L70 around each of the improved speeder options, I can buy Imp Speeder 1-4, but not 5 or 6. I take it to mean I can jump straight to Imp Speeded 4 (though I haven't bothered since I don't have a spare 600k lying about)

That would kind of be hilarious, because if you do that, it'll unlock Rank 4 at level 30, 5 levels before you get Rank 3, in the normal progression, LOL

So, I bought Imp. Speeder IV on one of my toons. It seemed to auto-purchase ranks, I, II and III.

This would imply that the only way to get Speed Piloting IV is to accept that you're going to get all the previous speeder ranks early. I'll have to test it on a lower level alt.

I'm not sure what you mean my getting the training early, but normally you just need to buy ranks 4 & 5 from the Legacy perks panel and, as has been mentioned, you get 1, 2, and 3 automatically, if you don't already have them.

In any case, buying the rank 4 & 5 perks through the Legacy panel is the only way to get them (at this time).