The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

HK-47 and Revan in KOTOR 2 predict the extermination of the Jedi and Episode 8.

obibean

I was recently playing through KOTOR2 again with the TSLCRM mod and my jaw dropped when I heard these lines uttered by HK-47. First he predicts the extermination of the Jedi (keep in mind this came out prior to Revenge of the Sith). Then he goes on to discuss what I think many are coming to believe what Luke meant in the episode 8 trailer when he said 'It's so much bigger' (referring to the force) and 'It's time for the Jedi... to end.' That is Luke and possibly Rey have determined that by shunning feelings and connections to others, Jedi both cut themselves off from the living force. Secondly by asking Jedi to be essentially robots and deny their feelings you leave them vulnerable to Darkside as they never develop the skills to master their emotions and not be governed by them. This is the key not to deny they exist in the first place which actually strengthens your connection to others and subsequently the Force.

Here is HK's quote (bolded prediction of episode 3) and italicized for the flaw in the prequel Jedi that Luke and/or Rey will fix in Episodes 8/9:

Statement: Overwhelming odds is also a good tactic, master. There are few Jedi that can hold their ground against a hundred attackers all firing at once… or being turned on by their own troops. But the most effective weapon against Jedi seems to be the erosion of the spirit. Answer: Revan claimed psychological warfare against Jedi was important because much of their power comes from their state of mind, their connection to this religion called the ‘Force.’ Revan said that many Jedi have the capability to form connections to life around them, although few of them realize the extent to which this is possible. Recollection: I believe my Master speculated that many Jedi did not fully form such connections because of their discipline, because they never opened their lives to the passions around them. I believe Revan termed it ‘one would need to be a human being to develop such connections.’ It is something that the Jedi could could not teach.

Edited by obibean