Elara question

notanjelika

Hi, i only completed KOTET on a Jedi Consular. In the Iokath chapter, i was very disappointed about Elara Dorne having no dialogue with my character, i was expecting a " Master Jedi, i will join your fight, bla bla for the Republic" kind of thing.

Does someone else feel disappointed too?

• 2 weeks later...
No dialogue with Elara bothers me because she's a former Havoc Squad member, if i'm not wrong. Another Havoc member, Aric Jorgan, knows who am i ( the Barsenthor) and mentions this in the Disavowed chapter. So why not receive the same recognition from Elara? Edited by notanjelika

No dialogue with Elara bothers me because she's a former Havoc Squad member, if i'm not wrong. Another Havoc member, Aric Jorgan, knows who am i ( the Barsenthor) and mentions this in the Disavowed chapter. So why not receive the same recognition from Elara?

Everything I've seen about the Iokath thing smells, to me, of "built in a rush". The story's plot shows signs of people taking short-cuts to bring the character to a position where a return to Pub-v-Imp is the natural next step, while the place itself seems to exist mostly as a (failed) environment for non-WZ PvP, all to support an Operation that's being released step-wise. That, too, smells of haste.

There's a difference between haste and speed. Haste implies rushing things, which in turn means going faster than you can really justify. Speed implies going quickly, sure, but in the context of SWTOR/Iokath would include having a larger team so that more things that *can* be developed in parallel *are* developed in parallel.(1)

(1) See also: Fred Brooks's masterpiece "The Mythical Man-Month" for more on this question of parallel versus sequential development.