The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Covert Energy Helmet

• 2 weeks later...
Isn't that what the "Hide Head Slot" checkbox is for?

EXCEPT: HHS leaves your hood visible because the hood is part of the chest armour.

So are you really asking for a mechanism to hide hoods?

yes remove hoods that make characters bald

Edited by JaxsAttacks

• 2 weeks later...
Isn't that what the "Hide Head Slot" checkbox is for?

EXCEPT: HHS leaves your hood visible because the hood is part of the chest armour.

So are you really asking for a mechanism to hide hoods?

Nope. While i certainly wouldn't argue with a hood toggle, there's so many outfits that simply don't have a head piece with them. It'd be nice to have one head piece to use instead of having to reclaim a whole new outfit just for the head gear.

Nope. While i certainly wouldn't argue with a hood toggle, there's so many outfits that simply don't have a head piece with them. It'd be nice to have one head piece to use instead of having to reclaim a whole new outfit just for the head gear.

I don't get the logic here. If you are using Outfit Designer for the outfit, you just check "Hide Head Slot" on the outfit slot, and bingo, no helmet visible. If you aren't using Outfit Designer, well, you just check "Hide Head Slot" on the real-gear slot, and bingo, no helmet visible.

In either case, you just use whatever carppy helmet you have lying around. For "I'm using the real gear" uses, buy (once) the Scout's headgear (ear/mike headset) from the Adaptive Gear Vendor on the Fleet (ONCE) and hide it.

The only conceivable use for an invisible helmet is if it ALSO has the "hides hood" flag set.

And that's fine. I want to use the same headpiece for the outfits that don't already have a helmet/tiara. If you don't understand, then you're probably not going to.

Just hide your helmet. Problem solved. That's why I don't see the logic, because the problem of "I don't want to see the helmet I'm wearing" already has a solution. You get one helmet, and if you don't want to see it, hide it.

Now a covert energy helmet that HIDES HOODS has value. But just an invisible helmet? No value at all, except for non-subs, and they can buy the doodad that unlocks the hide-head-slot button.

EDIT: oops. I wrote 'hide-hood button" and of course I meant "hide-head-slot button".

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Just hide your helmet. Problem solved. That's why I don't see the logic, because the problem of "I don't want to see the helmet I'm wearing" already has a solution. You get one helmet, and if you don't want to see it, hide it.

Now a covert energy helmet that HIDES HOODS has value. But just an invisible helmet? No value at all, except for non-subs, and they can buy the doodad that unlocks the hide-head-slot button.

EDIT: oops. I wrote 'hide-hood button" and of course I meant "hide-head-slot button".

That's sort of what I was thinking. I feel like something is getting lost in translation here because if an item to hide a hood isn't the goal, then.. What is? The hide head slot button can get rid of your headgear whether you're wearing anything on your head in that outfit or not.

I wouldn't mind having this option (especially if it removed the hood), but I'm afraid I have no idea what the ultimate goal is here.

There's no hidden agenda or conspiracy here. I've plainly stated the reason that I want it.

Yes, we get that, but the reason you gave doesn't make any sense. If you just want to not see your helmet, hide it using the Hide Head Slot checkbox that's already available. There is no reason to add an invisible helmet if "make it so I cannnot see my helmet" is the only goal. Each outfit desginer slot has its own HHS checkbox, and the "what my gear really looks like" (WMGRLL) slot *ALSO* has one. These checkboxes work independently - notably the WMGRLL checkbox doesn't affect the helmet visibility on outfit slots.

An invisible helmet that ALSO hides your hood, as some visible helmets do, is a potentially valuable item, but could just as easily be done with a "Hide Hood" checkbox in the same way as the Hide Head Slot checkbox.

A covert energy helmet would have been great for companions back in the day when they still required gear.

I will never forget that one cutscene where my agent reported to Keeper and Kaliyo (s)trolled around in the background sporting that ridiculous social hat I put on her ages ago back on Dromund Kaas.

Nowadays there isn't much point, aside from hiding hoods on almost traditional jedi robes.

Well... Unless your OCD requires that the headgear icon in your outfit matches what the character actually wears.

Edited by Mubrak

A covert energy helmet would have been great for companions back in the day when they still required gear.

There was one on the companion's panel, at least after 2.0 came out. But it was bugged, and sometimes failed to hide the helmet in cinematics, as you said. Mine was an on-ship class mission scene for my smuggler. For ... reasons ... I had put one of the Imp flight suit helmets on Corso, the one that looks like a Death Star main-weapon operator's helmet, and hidden it.

Then we were in the scene, and he's wearing the no-helmet set of gear I gave him and this ugly ugly ugly black thing on his head. It made me laugh.