Jugg Skank Tank Advice Required

Hi guys,

I wondered if anyone playing a Jugg Skank Tank could offer some advice with regards to

- stats; going with a 230 set. Lethal B mods? But what for Enhancements and Augs?

- Opener/rotation

There was some discussion about whether sin or jugg work better as a skank tank. Any thoughts on that?

Cheers

Any dps mod or enhancements are fine. It really boils down to preference, although I think you will definitely do well with your standard dps mod and enhancements (the ones that are more middle of the road in terms of master/end/power)

Your augs should be a mixture of alacrity and crit. Alacrity is still important even on skank tanks, assuming you have the apm to take advantage of it, 8% or more (i run about 13%) and the rest crit. You *could* invest in mastery and power for augs, if that suits you better. I prefer alacrity just cause I like the overall reduced GCD's, also it affects dot damage, so chilling scream with the utility point will benefit from alacrity.

Jugg skank tanks are more wrecking ball style play, with lots of in your face damage and DCD's that help you greatly as you will get focused alot. Sin skank tank is something I been delving in and investing in heavily the past few months to try and make it work, its definitely awkward since Sin tanks do not have the straight up dcd's that juggs have. The primary dcd the sin has (dark ward) is built around shield procs and it kind of forces you to get *some* absorption stats via enhancements or augs. The damage output from sin skank is pretty good though, more aoe damage and of course more utility like stealth, aoe knockback, mezzes and force lift - which are great for pvp. It's just an awkward build to skank tank on sin, hence Jugg skanks are more of the norm then sins.

As someone who wishes they'd make tank stats viable and make guardian dps not die in 30 seconds, I'm philisophically opposed to skanking but if I were to do it, it'd be with high endurance dps mods/enhancements and a tank set bonus. If I'm tanking in pvp my goal is to be difficult to kill, make my team difficult to kill, and be as annoying as possible.

Advice on this thread seems pretty sound.

As long as you have circa 9-10% alacrity you'll be fine to split up your augments between critical and endurance.

Endurance or mastery stims are the obvious choices and they're both okay.

Utility choice can be mostly down to preference but, Piercing Chill is mandatory.

Payback serves pretty well in arena or just when being focused, since it scales with your max HP. The 30s reduction on stunbreaker is very useful as well.

Strangulate is a solid utility too. If you take Strangulate with Thrown Gauntlet, CC capabilities become pretty excellent.

Sins also have the capability to skank tank effectively.

What I cant figure out:

What does alacrity do for melees without channeled abilites?

If you're confident in your ability to stick to your target like glue, it's a great stat for speeding up the rotation (as already mentioned). I have found with the number of high speed maras and sins constantly popping in and out of attack range, alacrity past 8% is a gamble. Ymmv.

• 5 weeks later...

Alacrity is probably down to personal preference and will depend on how you use your skills.

From my point of vue, I tend, after jumping, to open via Warding Strike/ Guardian Slash. I usualy hilt bash only after those. Now, my problem is Hilt Bash is a 4m range, and what I've noticed when playing with 0 alacrity, is that my targets often have already started kiting after Ward Strike/G Slash and before Hilt Bash. This is a problem that you do not encounter on Focus Guardian where most skills are 10m range for example.

Due to Bash being only 4m range, it means I actualy have to move in order to stun my target and continue damaging him. This is particularly noticeable vs targets who will force speed / roll away often (sins, sorcs, operatives).

Investing in some alacrity (8% in my case) made Hilt Bashing after my openers a lot easier.

The levels in alacrity that you require will depend on how you play. That's why many people will give you different opinions.

I do not believe in very high alacrity levels on defense guardians due to :

- having down time due to needing to switch guard, taunt, guardian jump

- being focused (at least cc wise) by good enemies will make high alacrity levels a waste

- having another important down time on attack due to the animation of Force Push + Jump which you'll probably do to cc / get immunity when the target is in spikeable range. Due to this specific downtime, the gain in cooldown reduction on damage skills becomes negligible.

TLDR: I recommend 8%, it helps with attack fluidity without getting penalized too much for it.

Edited by Korrii