Elara Dorne forced Relationship

Lynzinie

So uh, she asked my Trooper if I fancied her and I said 'yeah'. Other option included [flirt] so I figured it'd be a safe choice. Chars kissed and now she won't stay the hell away! I keep shooting her down but she won't stop being clingy. Is there any definitive way of telling her to bug off?

Cheers

So uh, she asked my Trooper if I fancied her and I said 'yeah'. Other option included [flirt] so I figured it'd be a safe choice. Chars kissed and now she won't stay the hell away! I keep shooting her down but she won't stop being clingy. Is there any definitive way of telling her to bug off?

Cheers

Don't flirt n the first place. Seriously. If you don't want romance to happen, don't flirt with people.

:rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03:

On a more serious note:

Every class's "love interest" companion (or companions in a few cases) has a "critical" moment in the companion story. If you [Flirt] at that point, you "lock in" the fact that you want to romance the companion. The romance isn't "finished" until the very end of the companion's story, but it begins there. All romance-linked conversations after that point were written based on your character wanting to continue the romance.

Yours is the first time I've seen this one for Elara. The usual complaint is female Smuggler characters (often female players as well) who pick the critical flirt with Corso Riggs when they don't really mean it, and then not being able to shake him off. Unfortunately, the critical flirt for Corso is really, really early in his story, so he acts "like a creep" almost the entire story.

Ultimately, though, your thread title is inaccurate. It isn't forced. You have a choice. You can choose not to flirt with your companion. If you *do* flirt, expect consequences.

Don't flirt n the first place. Seriously. If you don't want romance to happen, don't flirt with people.

:rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03:

On a more serious note:

Every class's "love interest" companion (or companions in a few cases) has a "critical" moment in the companion story. If you [Flirt] at that point, you "lock in" the fact that you want to romance the companion. The romance isn't "finished" until the very end of the companion's story, but it begins there. All romance-linked conversations after that point were written based on your character wanting to continue the romance.

Yours is the first time I've seen this one for Elara. The usual complaint is female Smuggler characters (often female players as well) who pick the critical flirt with Corso Riggs when they don't really mean it, and then not being able to shake him off. Unfortunately, the critical flirt for Corso is really, really early in his story, so he acts "like a creep" almost the entire story.

Ultimately, though, your thread title is inaccurate. It isn't forced. You have a choice. You can choose not to flirt with your companion. If you *do* flirt, expect consequences.

But I didn't flirt. There were three options; a, b and flirt. I chose A and they still kissed.

But I didn't flirt. There were three options; a, b and flirt. I chose A and they still kissed.

Did you flirt some previous occasion?

EDIT: the "critical" flirt isn't necessarily the obvious one. I'm pretty sure that for Kaliyo, it is the obvious one (Wheezy), but it's clear that people think that Corso"s critical flirt is earlier than they'd expect.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Did you flirt some previous occasion?

EDIT: the "critical" flirt isn't necessarily the obvious one. I'm pretty sure that for Kaliyo, it is the obvious one (Wheezy), but it's clear that people think that Corso"s critical flirt is earlier than they'd expect.

Yeah, pretty sure I've flirted once or twice but you should be able to rp as a flirtatious character without being forced into a relationship. If one option is '[flirt] kiss her', you'd assume another option wouldn't end with the same result.

Like SteveTheCynic said - you ran into the lock-in for her romance - both the flirt and the option you took lock in the romance (the flirt just has your trooper move in first) while the other option is to tell her you aren't interested (which ends the possibility of romance). Basically every romance in the game works this way - there's a point where you either start the romance or turn it down and that's it. If you want to RP a flirt/someone who will never commit, you have to turn down the companion romance (or you can hold off on conversations and have your character change their mind later on prior to KOTFE, I guess).

In terms of making things more casual - you can turn down marriage later on, I guess. Once you hit the end of her conversations from vanilla content, that's about all the romance content you get until Iokath, anyway.

Edited by Lesaberisa

Like SteveTheCynic said - you ran into the lock-in for her romance - both the flirt and the option you took lock in the romance (the flirt just has your trooper move in first) while the other option is to tell her you aren't interested (which ends the possibility of romance). Basically every romance in the game works this way - there's a point where you either start the romance or turn it down and that's it. If you want to RP a flirt/someone who will never commit, you have to turn down the companion romance (or you can hold off on conversations and have your character change their mind later on prior to KOTFE, I guess).

In terms of making things more casual - you can turn down marriage later on, I guess. Once you hit the end of her conversations from vanilla content, that's about all the romance content you get until Iokath, anyway.

Ah so there's always the engagement option? So far I've only played through one full story. If I turn her down, what'll happen? Other than y'know, her getting mad? Will she stop being all clingy or what?

Nadia's romance is this way too. My character got locked into a romance with her without ever flirting. I picked nice but non-flirt options but not the jerk options and suddenly she assumed they were madly in love. Apparently if you aren't interested in Nadia you need to be a jerk to her since being nice but not interested doesn't discourage her. After that she really radiates a psycho-stalker vibe.