Target DPS/EHPS - Is This Balanced For Content or Gear?

I'd like an answer because I think this is very relevant. Are these changes designed to deal with a class in PvE and PvP at 5.0 levels or because of 248 gear and people at the far end of their classes progress? This comes from someone (apart from a few stupid DCD changes that hurt DPS Sorcs) who isn't getting touched, I think it'd be insanely erroneous to try and scale players down using their classes because you introduced 248 gear. But I also don't want to assume it's that or some weird purpose to force people to start over. I think people are confused right now and would very much like to know whether you're balancing the classes on the 5.0 level or by what a class is ultimately capable of at the 248 end of the spectrum.

I'm open minded here as I know there are classes that desperately need a fix like the heal Sorc/Sages and that was since 5.0.

Thanks

I'd like an answer because I think this is very relevant. Are these changes designed to deal with a class in PvE and PvP at 5.0 levels or because of 248 gear and people at the far end of their classes progress? This comes from someone (apart from a few stupid DCD changes that hurt DPS Sorcs) who isn't getting touched, I think it'd be insanely erroneous to try and scale players down using their classes because you introduced 248 gear. But I also don't want to assume it's that or some weird purpose to force people to start over. I think people are confused right now and would very much like to know whether you're balancing the classes on the 5.0 level or by what a class is ultimately capable of at the 248 end of the spectrum.

I'm open minded here as I know there are classes that desperately need a fix like the heal Sorc/Sages and that was since 5.0.

Thanks

The DPS targets are averages. They already take gear into consideration.