BIOWARE Sorc Madness Buff is a SCAM and a LIE

BraverDre

We need to pass dps challenges in NiM raids and its a joke when every class can do 8k+ and sorc in madness is like 6.8k on that challange. let me show u the link for the numbers u must see before u say "oooohh sorc is fine" http://ixparse.com/challenges/?challenge=6 see? there is 0 madness sorcs and why? because raidleaders don't want to fail on dps checks. P.S LOOK AT TOP PLAYERS (ON THE RIGHT) Edited by BraverDre

bioware is in the process of nerfing the other ranged classes down to the current level of sorc. since their stated goal is to have them all doing roughly the same dps, it would not make any sense for them to then turn around and buff sorcs up to where the others used to be. moreover, your complaint that you need to be able to pass nim dps checks is invalid. people were clearing nim ops the first week 5.0 dropped using old 224 gear. if you can't pass the check, even with 248 gear, that is a learn to play issue, not a problem with the spec or op.

bioware is in the process of nerfing the other ranged classes down to the current level of sorc. since their stated goal is to have them all doing roughly the same dps, it would not make any sense for them to then turn around and buff sorcs up to where the others used to be. moreover, your complaint that you need to be able to pass nim dps checks is invalid. people were clearing nim ops the first week 5.0 dropped using old 224 gear. if you can't pass the check, even with 248 gear, that is a learn to play issue, not a problem with the spec or op.

i have to agree with you. Im not much of a NiM raider, I have done a few. I did the first boss on EC a few days ago and I was pulling between 6.8k - 7.0k easy and that's not really knowing the essential parts of the rotation. When I state that, I mean when to use adrenals, polarity shift, etc. Core rotation...of course I know. BUT, I have always felt that madness sorc should be more deadly in pvp since we are so squishy.

The energy management (atrocious) caps the spec at about 9,3K currently maybe 9,4K with godly crits that never happen. On average if you know what you are doing you get about 9-9,1K on dummy right now on good rotation and good-average crits. If energy was not a problem or as much as it is now one could up the apm with very precise rotation to where bant is at and get 9,5K or there abouts.

It (madness) parses the same sustain dps! as non-bugged! lightning right now although lightning has an even higher sustain ceiling (9,3-9,6K) when rngesus is on your side so there no reason to play madness.

i have to agree with you. Im not much of a NiM raider, I have done a few. I did the first boss on EC a few days ago and I was pulling between 6.8k - 7.0k easy and that's not really knowing the essential parts of the rotation. When I state that, I mean when to use adrenals, polarity shift, etc. Core rotation...of course I know. BUT, I have always felt that madness sorc should be more deadly in pvp since we are so squishy.

the problem with madness in pvp is that burst is king and madness is the dottiest of the dot specs, combined with the fact that it has very little tanking ability. a lot of the specs have dcd's that negate all or most of a type of damage (ranged/melee or force/tech), but sorcs don't get much of that. this is balanced somewhat by having the best mobility of all the ranged dps classes, but hiding around the corner runs counter to what you are trying to do (kill the enemy) and is not very effective against some of the more mobile melee dps specs. overall, it is just a difficult spec to run in pvp with so many counts against it. for pve, the announced buffs are a good start and if they would fix the energy management, i think it would put madness in a good place for operations.