Warzones need WAY more CXP

tavrinDosa

Gear progression never existed in PVP prior to 5.0. Full PVP BIS gear was the work of a few days previously. There is no precedent for gear progression in PVP in this game, unless it existed in 1x era, but I never heard that about 1x era pvp.

Killing people and winning is the only reward most hardcore PVPers seek for their time investment.

Yes, it did. Battlemaster bags come to mind instantly. 4.0 was the easiest time for acquiring the gear, but before that it was quite a bit slower, even if you disregard the random loot shenanigans. Luckily Bioware never went for random gearing again.

Yes, it did. Battlemaster bags come to mind instantly. 4.0 was the easiest time for acquiring the gear, but before that it was quite a bit slower, even if you disregard the random loot shenanigans. Luckily Bioware never went for random gearing again.

I sited the battlebags in a prior post, wherein I said it was a complete failure and didn't last long. 4.0 made BIS gearing considerably easier by introducing it into spotlight OPs. Somehow getting BIS gear from EV and KP HM, never felt quite right! heh Was stupid.

Prior to 4.0, with the exception of the ill fated and not long last battlebags, BIS gear was in NiM Operations. That's why I don't consider the current gearing system hard. Just a grind.

Between grinding and NiM Operations, I'm pretty sure many of the dislikers of the current system would find new appreciation in it if in 6.0 BIS gear is returned to NiM Operations exclusively.

I sited the battlebags in a prior post, wherein I said it was a complete failure and didn't last long. 4.0 made BIS gearing considerably easier by introducing it into spotlight OPs. Somehow getting BIS gear from EV and KP HM, never felt quite right! heh Was stupid.

Prior to 4.0, with the exception of the ill fated and not long last battlebags, BIS gear was in NiM Operations. That's why I don't consider the current gearing system hard. Just a grind.

Between grinding and NiM Operations, I'm pretty sure many of the dislikers of the current system would find new appreciation in it if in 6.0 BIS gear is returned to NiM Operations exclusively.

Yup, this is the dilemma with not separating PvE and PvP gear. I don't necessarily disagree with the decision (for example, my other main is a healer, so I use the same set for both and can use both to gear), but it also leads to a situation where BW kind of has to provide BiS gear from both sources or there would be a lot of whining and bellyaching.

At the moment I feel that getting gear through PvP is a bit too expensive. They could (and, I think, should) reduce the cost. Especially since they removed the 230 gear from the vendors, they could have made 248 gear cost as much as 242 did as opposed to insisting on a substantial price hike.

Agreed about the EV/KP farming. I don't mind people getting gear, but acquiring every piece except for the offhand from two ridiculously easy Operations was a mistake.

In short, I like that you can gear up using either content or both. However, both systems at the moment are pretty garbage. Massive PvP gear costs and random drops in NiM (except for the last boss) are rather nasty.

you can farm hammer station in less than 10 min and get twice the cxp compared to a warzone that could take twice as long to finish. yeh you can get components but barely. the gear grind as a pvper is insane.

that is all

Just be happy Keith doesn't start a CXP balance thread :eek:

Yeah, PvE stuff is way better CXP. It's not even close.

CH1 MM with my Mara / Sent in 6-7 minutes (6 minutes my personal best time, 7m is about average). It's really friggin' boring, but it pays good. With all the sweet legacy perks (including 25% from already having 1 toon at 300), you're looking at around 2800 CXP. Obviously it's double that with 100% boost, and even better when chapters are the daily bonus. The only downside with doing it on a light side toon is that it is slower, because you have to go kill an extra group of skytroopers. So I've just been eating the DS penalty on my Sentinel. :(

Certainly it took me some time and effort to figure out how to do it that fast, but anybody who puts a little time into it can figure it out. Stealth is absolutely necessary though. I haven't found a way to do it quickly with e.g. PT / VG. Sins and Operatives could probably do it a little faster, maybe 5m flat. My poor spacebar, though.

I have one character to 300, and I would estimate that at least half of those levels were earned via Ch1 MM. Probably more than half.

Edited by teclado

you can farm hammer station in less than 10 min and get twice the cxp compared to a warzone that could take twice as long to finish. yeh you can get components but barely. the gear grind as a pvper is insane.

that is all

no, there is enough people in WZ that are only there for CXP and dont **** about the objectives or WZ in first place