Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Haven't played in a few years, need some suggestions

greycobalt

I'm so lost with all these changes! I played beta, bought the Collector's, played for about a year, and fell off the radar. Besides the occasional hop-in, I haven't really committed myself to playing. After watching a story trailer the other day, I decided I wanted to play the new story content, so I resubbed. Holy crap.

I started with an Outlander token, since I had no interest in leveling up again. The F2P is egregious, but it's just as confusing being subbed. What do I need/should I buy with my Cartel Coins? I have 5,000! What shouldn't I buy? Is there anything I should be shooting for specifically with my Legacy tree? Why did I buy that cool looking lightsaber for 500 coins when it has no mods and I can't get to a market? :(

Any tips would be much appreciated. I'm playing through the game fine, but I feel like I'm missing out now knowing what to buy/spend on.

I'm so lost with all these changes! I played beta, bought the Collector's, played for about a year, and fell off the radar. Besides the occasional hop-in, I haven't really committed myself to playing. After watching a story trailer the other day, I decided I wanted to play the new story content, so I resubbed. Holy crap.

I started with an Outlander token, since I had no interest in leveling up again. The F2P is egregious, but it's just as confusing being subbed. What do I need/should I buy with my Cartel Coins? I have 5,000! What shouldn't I buy? Is there anything I should be shooting for specifically with my Legacy tree? Why did I buy that cool looking lightsaber for 500 coins when it has no mods and I can't get to a market? :(

Any tips would be much appreciated. I'm playing through the game fine, but I feel like I'm missing out now knowing what to buy/spend on.

welcome back!

for cartel coins the best bet would use on command boost when u level 70 because with galactic command rank there is tiers, until tier 4 and the higher the rank the more you can get better gear for your toon

and since now all level are bolstered you dont need gear to be honest since you can play and manage the level regarding the gear , you can gear from the drops later

There are lots of things for you to do such as dailies, uprisings, operations, flashpoints, Starfighter, space missions, PVP, RP (if you're into that), star fortresses, the Eternal Championship, building strongholds and more.

For legacy perks, I recommend you get the XP boosts first and try to get a lot of the global unlocks because they affect all characters.

As for expansions, you can boost one time to either Knights of the Fallen Empire or Knights of the Eternal Throne. Beware, when you level up or finish a quest on either of the expansions after you boost a character, there will be no refunds and you cannot boost another character to the other expansion. If you want story and more companions, boost to Knights of the Fallen Empire, for content, boost to Knights of the Eternal Throne.

After Knights of the Eternal Throne, you are given access to the planet Iokath. On Iokath, you can complete dailies and kill enemies to find Iokath shards. These shards, you can use to purchase awesome rewards such as a walker. (I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the walker can be used in combat)

As for gear, everything on the cartel market is vanity (mostly), so they have very minimal stats. For outfits, put them in your outfit designer slots and not the actual armor slots that use the stats. Weapons are also easy to fix, go to the fleet, to the supplies section, and buy modifications for them and attach them to the weapon. This will raise them to a usable standard. You can also find lvl 70 modifications in galactic command or elsewhere so be aware of that. You can also obtain gear through flashpoints and other PVE and PVP activities.

In terms of cartel coins, don't buy things from the cartel market unless it's a direct purchase and you really want the item. Buy them off the GTN instead with credits. I use my cartel coins mostly for unlocking cartel market items that I have collected for all my characters in the collections tab.

I'm going to be honest, I did type a more detailed version of this at like 2:30-3:00 AM but I accidentally refreshed the page and was forced to start over. Needless to say, I went to sleep. I came back and I didn't really type it out in as much detail as before. If you want to know how to do and what specific things are, feel free to ask in the comments. I will answer to the best of my ability.

I would start with some unlocks, selecting the account or legacy wide option at all times, since that will give the thing to all of your characters in the game or on the server respectively.

From the cartel market I would unlock your complete inventory and all of your cargo bays.

From your Legacy, I would Legacy Fleet Pass I-III, Legacy Travel I-III, Rocket Boost, and Improved Rocket Boost I-II, and when you get to 70, Commanding Legacy..

What Character Perks you should buy depends on what kind of content you like. Buy the Improved Experience based on the content you do, Legacy of Altruism I-III and Legacy of Persuasion I-III to get your companions to like you faster, and Legacy of Leadership I-II to have them come back from selling junk faster.

You can also pay credits for some of those things.

Only after you have gotten the things that will help you in play, should you buy vanity stuff. That stuff may make you look better, but it doesn't improve your game experience.

Why did I buy that cool looking lightsaber for 500 coins when it has no mods and I can't get to a market? :(

You can add mods to the lightsaber by purchasing them from a modifications vendor on the Fleet, or by ripping mods out of other weapons and armor. (And don't overlook adding a +41 [stat] colour crystal )

There's no need to be in a hurry to spend your Cartel Coins.

Get yourself a Stronghold and set it up with a Legacy Storage, Cargo Hold, mailbox, etc, to use as a base. (You don't need to decorate it or unlock any other rooms if you don't want to.)

Edited by JediQuaker

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.