The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Create a Yoda/ sprite-like race, especially for Role-Players you must (*pics)

Some of us really like role playing a Yoda like character; I mean, come on, the voice and manner of speaking are fun, big time.

Moreover, it'd be interesting to see a small toon who jump high (to match to height of the rest) and rock a shoto.

http://www.customstarwars.freeweb.hu/holokron/jump_yoda.jpg

Edited by Willjb

It's not going to happen. George Lucas from.thr beginning has wanted Yoda's race to be race, mysterious and left unexplained.

As such he will never be a playable character in any form and is only seen in a few instances of the game.

It's been asked for in one way or another but just one that will never happen.

It's not going to happen. George Lucas from.thr beginning has wanted Yoda's race to be race, mysterious and left unexplained.

As such he will never be a playable character in any form and is only seen in a few instances of the game.

It's been asked for in one way or another but just one that will never happen.

I believe that, in essence, only George knows what the species is called, and somehow "Thing that Yoda is that we don't know what it's called" seems a bit clumsy on the character creation screen.

And of course there are many other reasons why a Yoda-sized player character is a non-starter - think of all those scenes where you're shown from the waist up, and how that would look if they didn't incorporate some camera scripting specially for that species... (To make the camera not be directed towards a full-scale human's "waist-up" areas.) It's all solvable, but it's an unreasonable amount of work to do just so they can violate their contracts with Lucasarts (former) and now Disney.

Did OP get the memo about the conditions that BW have set for playable races, or is this just a troll and we fell for bait?

Hard to say. I'm tending to lean a little in favour of WHBT, but I'm occasionally inclined to be charitable, although the longer I live, the more inexplicable I find this inclination.