The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pazaak table!

Eukof

My opinion, next "freebie" you guys should drop is a working pazaak table that allows you to interface with other players same server to play against. Heck SWG had Mahjong decos and the TCG, I imagine devs of your caliber could easily program this. ;)

The question isn't about whether they could easily program a decoration that launched a Pazaak minigame, nor whether they could program the minigame itself, but...

Would it be a good use of their time, to add yet another bolted-on-accessory type add-on to the game? The railshooter doesn't really belong, and nor does GSF. Warzones aren't exactly *Star Wars*, but work OK in SWTOR because they use the same fundamental mechanics as the main game.

An alternative formulation: it isn't about whether they *could* (I have no doubt that they could), but whether they *should*.

Also, if they introduced such a thing without including betting, I think it would be derided wildly (card games without betting?), while including some form of gambling element (even if only credits) would cause other issues, concerning whether minors should be allowed to play that part of the game (and whether it could keep its T rating).

And if it wasn't PvP play? That would get flak, too, of the "my boyf / girlf and I want to play Pazaak against each other, why is it NPCs-and-one-player only?" type.

It might be a cool thing, or it might not (that's a subjective analysis), but it *would* be problematic.

The question isn't about whether they could easily program a decoration that launched a Pazaak minigame, nor whether they could program the minigame itself, but...

Would it be a good use of their time, to add yet another bolted-on-accessory type add-on to the game? The railshooter doesn't really belong, and nor does GSF. Warzones aren't exactly *Star Wars*, but work OK in SWTOR because they use the same fundamental mechanics as the main game.

An alternative formulation: it isn't about whether they *could* (I have no doubt that they could), but whether they *should*.

Also, if they introduced such a thing without including betting, I think it would be derided wildly (card games without betting?), while including some form of gambling element (even if only credits) would cause other issues, concerning whether minors should be allowed to play that part of the game (and whether it could keep its T rating).

And if it wasn't PvP play? That would get flak, too, of the "my boyf / girlf and I want to play Pazaak against each other, why is it NPCs-and-one-player only?" type.

It might be a cool thing, or it might not (that's a subjective analysis), but it *would* be problematic.

I agree, while we (I use we as forum goers) are pretty mature and decent human beings, imagine the grief-ing that would ensue if BW added a gambling aspect. I, for what it's worth op, agree, and would love Pazaak, a working Pazaak table that is, it could even debut at a Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event. I think, it would be really cool coming from an RPers perspective, but adding gambling would be a slippery slope for BW while they have finally taken a small step in the right direction.

I would totally play Pazaak against NPC, I am totally fine if they added it that way, but only if other players could "spectate" the game otherwise it would probably become a little boring.