Have any questions? Pour them all out here!!!

lordtyronos

Hello! New/Returning player here. I played during beta up through when the Galactic Starfighter and account Legacy was first introduced. It has been a lot of fun and ton of work just getting re-acquainted with how my class (Jedi Knight) works. Now onto other game features!

I'm about to hit level 70, and have some questions about acquiring gear and how gear customization currently works:

1) Some of the gear on the Cartel Market (orange gear) looks very fashionable, but I notice it is missing the modifications/augments? I assume modifications/augments can be purchased, crafted, dropped from operations, or rewarded from crates, and then inserted?

2) Once the modifications/augments are added, will this increase stats such as the damage the weapon does or armor of a chest piece? I ask because many of empty orange gear pieces have terrible stats, but I assume this is because they are missing their components.

3) It looks like SWTOR has adapted a PvE gear system similar to many other MMO's. For end-game gear, there are several tiers of gear which are acquired by farming different operation difficulties. Usually you farm your Tier 1 stuff before Tier 2, then Tier 2 before Tier 3, etc etc. Is it possible to do this as a solo act? Or can the high end rewards only be done with groups?

4) In general, how active is the game/population? Will it be difficult to find operations groups if I don't have a guild?

Thank you in advance for the answers to these questions!

Hello! New/Returning player here. I played during beta up through when the Galactic Starfighter and account Legacy was first introduced. It has been a lot of fun and ton of work just getting re-acquainted with how my class (Jedi Knight) works. Now onto other game features!

I'm about to hit level 70, and have some questions about acquiring gear and how gear customization currently works:

1) Some of the gear on the Cartel Market (orange gear) looks very fashionable, but I notice it is missing the modifications/augments? I assume modifications/augments can be purchased, crafted, dropped from operations, or rewarded from crates, and then inserted?

That is correct.

2) Once the modifications/augments are added, will this increase stats such as the damage the weapon does or armor of a chest piece? I ask because many of empty orange gear pieces have terrible stats, but I assume this is because they are missing their components.

Indeed.

3) It looks like SWTOR has adapted a PvE gear system similar to many other MMO's. For end-game gear, there are several tiers of gear which are acquired by farming different operation difficulties. Usually you farm your Tier 1 stuff before Tier 2, then Tier 2 before Tier 3, etc etc. Is it possible to do this as a solo act? Or can the high end rewards only be done with groups?

You can get the various tiers of gear in command crates for doing any content in the game after you reach level 70. The more difficult the content is and the more people it requires, the faster you earn command crates.

Ops/PVP has their own loot systems on top of that. But that's for group play only.

4) In general, how active is the game/population? Will it be difficult to find operations groups if I don't have a guild?

That varies depending on what server you play on. What server are you playing on?

Edited by Dragondog

I assume modifications/augments can be purchased, crafted, dropped from operations, or rewarded from crates, and then inserted?

Don't forget,..you can remove augments/mods from gear you get from drops/crates as well ,..and then mix and match onto your existing gear if you want. Like a new piece of gear I looted from a Command Crate may have a Mod I want,..but not the Enhancement.

That is correct.

Indeed.

You can get the various tiers of gear in command crates for doing any content in the game after you reach level 70. The more difficult the content is and the more people it requires, the faster you earn command crates.

Ops/PVP has their own loot systems on top of that. But that's for group play only.

That varies depending on what server you play on. What server are you playing on?

I currently play on Jedi Covenant, mainly during prime time EDT (New York City time). On weeknights that is between 7pm to 12am, and on weekends all day.