The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Slow down leveling

Just came back after a long absence.

Took one of my characters that was 55 and zipped to 60 in the blink of an eye... Ok, so it was in the course of doing the first Darth Mangus (?) Flashpoint on Ilum. Don't really want to gain another 5 doing the 2nd part.

Is there a way to reduce the exp gained (short of skipping content) or slowing leveling? I have 12 characters between 50 and 55, and have all the crafts/harvesters covered. I'm gaining levels much faster than I can upgrade their equipment.

Edited by RazzellDazzell
add clarity

You may want to discuss this on the subforum related to the game: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=255

You may want to skim once you get over there as this has been discussed a few times previously.

This subforum is more for discussion of the overall Star Wars storyline, not in game issues.

I thought there was a vendor on both fleets where you could buy an in game token to cancel the bonuses. Not in a position to check right off though.

And when I;m leveling, I just use whatever armour drops I get.

Edited by dr_mike

Dude, what are you talking about? leveling is slow AF. By the time you get to the end of chapter 3 of your class story, you are like level 47. Stop using exp boost and other stuff and complain about leveling is too fast.

There is no way you can do only class missions and be over-leveled. I just finished a Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior and even with exp boost ( and the DvL suit), I was level 47 on corellia ( and I did a few FPs and PVP). I have the screen shot.

Edited by Yezzan

Dude, what are you talking about? leveling is slow AF. By the time you get to the end of chapter 3 of your class story, you are like level 47. Stop using exp boost and other stuff and complain about leveling is too fast.

There is no way you can do only class missions and be over-leveled. I just finished a Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior and even with exp boost ( and the DvL suit), I was level 47 on corellia ( and I did a few FPs and PVP). I have the screen shot.

Trick is, you do all the missions for the starter planets, and you can be say lvl 51 by the time you finish Corellia if you use the XP boosts.