I've been away for years: Is SWTOR dead?

Daironin

Hello All

I've not played SWTOR in years, I mean years! But came back a few days ago. My question is how active is the community? I ask this because when I go to the galactic market kiosk and look for basic metals etc for my low level character there is nothing! Literally nothing! I then poke around to see what's selling and I find a few items but they are all for lvl 66 and higher. My assessment is that the community has shrunk so much that only a few end-gamer diehards remain and no, or only a very few, noobs show up; but not enough to get a real economy happening (kind of like what has happened to LOTRO). I know that all games die eventually--am i seeing this happen here?

*sigh*

Hello All

I've not played SWTOR in years, I mean years! But came back a few days ago. My question is how active is the community? I ask this because when I go to the galactic market kiosk and look for basic metals etc for my low level character there is nothing! Literally nothing! I then poke around to see what's selling and I find a few items but they are all for lvl 66 and higher. My assessment is that the community has shrunk so much that only a few end-gamer diehards remain and no, or only a very few, noobs show up; but not enough to get a real economy happening (kind of like what has happened to LOTRO). I know that all games die eventually--am i seeing this happen here?

*sigh*

Which server do you play,I guess it depends on that,because I am in TRE and I don't see a shrunken community.

I wondered if it might be a depopulated server. The one I was assigned is Jung Ma. My issue is having stuff to buy for a low lvl (1-50) character at the kiosk. If anyone can point me to a more populated server with an active kiosk I will look into moving.

Basic low level materials are not found as often on the GTN partly due to Jawa Junk. Jawa Junk is a sort of universal mats that you can trade in for materials from Jawa Junk dealers on the Fleet (Galactic Market). Jawa Junk comes from CM packs. Unfortunately (for you) Jawa Junk is bound to Legacy so you won't find it on the GTN.

Also, because of the way the early stages of the game have been restructured, there's not as much demand for low level gear these days, other than for cosmetics. The early stages are much quicker to level up and "level sync" means you don't have to worry about gear as much.

Also, you can't judge the population of a server by the number of people hanging around the Fleet any more. People tend to hang out in more diverse locations such as their Stronghold, Guild ship, Odessen, Iokath, etc.

But, of course, you could also just have a low population on your server.

Edited by JediQuaker

Yup, Jung Ma is a depopulated server. Transfer your toon (only 90 cartel coins, and you get 500 a month, or 600 with security key) to TRE for Europe, or Harb (west coast), or Ebon Hawk, Jedi Covenant and Shadowlands for East coast (basically in that order population wise to still be viable, and reverse order for how friendly they are)

The GTM is pretty active by my standard on Ebon Hawk.

I craft level 65 stuff and it Always sells. Always.

Low level stuff is not in demand much as mentioned. I mean,..the leveling process is pretty quick and easy lately that people skim by it without really needing to upgrade every level.

Low level stuff is not in demand much as mentioned.

As someone who sells mid level stuff on Shadowlands, I strongly disagree with that statement.

I make millions every day staying away from the higher end levels.

On the other hand, I get in game emails from players who try to tell me the green and blue armour drops that I;m selling for their default prices are priced too high and I;m trying to rip folks off. I get a chuckle out of that. (Do note that I say I;m listing at the default prices.)

Edited by dr_mike

if you are not on harbinger or red Eclipse, then the server you are on is more than likely to have a low population. However, regardless of the server, you will be hard-pressed to find gear for lowie toons. The fact is, you do not need gear pre level 70, and as soon as you reach level 10 you can do the Into PvP quest for your left side gear and a few heroics for the rest, and you should be fine ( even without any gear expect your weapon) due to level-sync.