The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I can not log on to the game

Robeex

I try to log on to my game. At the launcher, it says, can not log on to server because of an unknown error, please try patch again. I have tried to start the game a dozen times and more, nada. So, I go to the website and it tells me to go to the report bug forum, guess what, there is no bug report forum. I try to send an email, guess what, there is no support email. I can call, which may burn up ALL my minutes on hold. I need help via email, and guess what, these monkeys may try to send me an in game mail. Since I can not get in game, that would be useless. But watch, these monkey will do that. HELP HELP HELP

On any support forum or any time you;re asking for help, it;s always a good idea to give the specific error you're receiving. Never paraphrase. Not just this game but with any sort of computer problem.

This is especially a concern in this case as the "unknown error" actually occurs in the Refer a Friend program, not on login attempts. I:m going to assume that you're actually looking at an "unspecified error" or to give it specifically:

"This Application has encountered an unspecified error please try this patch again."

Going on that assumption, make sure both swtor.exe and launcher.exe can get bast your firewall. If you mention the specific version of Windows as well as your firewall you;re running, someone here can help you if you need it.

Also make sure you have a uncorrupt install by running a repair on it. You can find instructions to do that here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=729911

Please try that and let us know how things go.

Edited by dr_mike

Did you try clicking the support button right there on the right side? Two over from the community link? The support link does have report a bug as an option, but this doesn't sound like a bug. Have you tried repairing the install? After you login and it does it's install for any updates at the top where your login name is click that and then click the little gear thing, see if it will let you repair the install. Other than that more detailed info would be helpful as dr_mike said. Coming here though with vague information and bashing on customer service without even first attempting to contact them is not very useful.

i am getting the same error.

As the post "STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports

BitRaider Or Bug? Resolving common issues with the streaming client" suggested,

i deleted the config and .xfr fils and restarted the launcher.

it downloaded three files :

BRConfig_swtor_swtor.ini

swtor_swtor.bitraid

swtor_swtor_info.txt

in the new config folder then ...error'ed out again.

Edited by Ophrial

I had the same issue. My computer was shut off improperly and my computer clock went back to the date I built my computer. I got the same message you did. Once I had the correct date and time the game was able to log in. Not sure if that's the issue worth a shot to check out.