The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Recon Trooper suit is lame; Just put older armor sets up for Direct Sale

New Recon Trooper suit is lame; Just put older armor sets up for Direct Sale.

^ So, yeah, this.

Put up older suits like Sith Recluse, Ruthless Scion's, (heck sure what not for newbies >>) Revan's armor sets up for Direct Sale - since Pandora's Box has already been opened on older pack items with the Direct Sale. Go all out then.

Even veteran players make new toons.

Edited by Bluelily

Recon Trooper suit is very meh and forgettable. It's definitely no Havoc Squad suit.

Yeah, I'd much~ rather see older armor sets up for Direct Sale, especially that SITH RECLUSE set and original Revan's set.

With the Direct Sale of the Defiant Vented Lightsaber, why haven't we seen Kylo Ren like robes in this game?! Instead, we get yet another flash in the pan set like this Recon Trooper set...

UTTERLY UNIMPRESSED. It's like BioWare doesn't even make an attempt to try anymore, just turn the crank mentality to shovel us out cr@p.

Edited by Willjb

Core problem lies with the artwork. It's just terribly designed with no purpose and function in mind. I would not wear it on my troopers, especially since they actually do have lots of cool armor that I enjoy, both vanilla and cartel market.

Issues this set has are weird, bulky armor pieces that are completely out of proportion. What really hurts the eye is the contrast: Boots and hand armor are relatively round while shoulder pads and helmet strike with rectangular and sharp angle shapes. That's like one of the basic rules of art design - pick a theme (shape) and stick to it. Also leg and hand armor are very oversized further standing out. Moreover the upper hands, core area and legs above the knees are completely exposed, while some other areas have way too much armor on them. This really makes no sense.

For the PROS, though I can't help but to appreciate the fact that the set is new and is not a reskin. Also texturing is really good and I wish we've had more non-reskin sets out there with such fenomenal texture work and not-so-bad 3d modelling. It's the concept art that's at fault here imo.

Need better concept artists who can make stuff that looks like from Star Wars. Like posters above said: Jedi and dark sider robes. Plain and simple withoutout oddities. Kylo Ren-like robe would have been awesome, provided they made a new leg piece.

Bring Chris Anderson back. :'[ His Sith outfits were best. At least for part-time or per concept art kind of contract.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue