Seriously? (KOTFE Chapter 9 Bug, and complete silence from the devs for OVER A YEAR)

Swedguy

.... That explains how I managed to miss out on the Lana romance on BOTH my KotFE characters now...

Jesus christ that is actually idiotic.

It is, indeed, idiotic. It doesn't help that nobody on staff has ever even mentioned this one, and that it is still a problem today, more than 18 months later.

And to avoid it, on a couple of characters I just played straight through from the beginning of Chapter I to the end of Chapter IX without stopping for *anything*. I actually don't recommend this, of course - I started each one around 9pm, which meant I finished around 2am or a bit later. (If you don't spacebar through all the conversations, you'll take somewhere between five and six hours to do all nine chapters. Or maybe I suck, I don't know.)

Or start on Thursday - the dynamics of emergency patches mean they don't do them on Fridays, so you should have the whole weekend to consume those 5-6 hours before another patch can come along.

I don't have this bug myself, but here to show support for you guys, since a friend of mine has the same issue and I'd be pretty irked if it were me.

They've played since the beginning, have the Founder title and all, were not boosted... and because of the sporadic nature of how the KotFE chapters were released, there were patches inbetween which broke the romance and it was unable to be continued while eventually finishing KotFE as the chapters came out.

Even trying the "go back to the cantina" thing apparently hasn't worked, and provided no Flirt options at all.

The reality is that the fix is probably simple. Give people a choice to reset romances so they're treated just like a boosted character. You have an option to casually flirt with Lana or Theron in the cantina, and if you do, you begin a "new" romance with them (pretending to be a continuation of the old), continues with all the available options.

I mean, it's not like they really talk about their past with you anyway, to my knowledge, or base any dialogue over past adventures with them. Most players would never realize the difference. Just that you have to do a little more flirting before they'll be more serious with you (again). This is still the laziest way to fix it, but it could be done, if they even gave a hoot.

I don't have this bug myself, but here to show support for you guys, since a friend of mine has the same issue and I'd be pretty irked if it were me.

They've played since the beginning, have the Founder title and all, were not boosted... and because of the sporadic nature of how the KotFE chapters were released, there were patches inbetween which broke the romance and it was unable to be continued while eventually finishing KotFE as the chapters came out.

Even trying the "go back to the cantina" thing apparently hasn't worked, and provided no Flirt options at all.

The reality is that the fix is probably simple. Give people a choice to reset romances so they're treated just like a boosted character. You have an option to casually flirt with Lana or Theron in the cantina, and if you do, you begin a "new" romance with them (pretending to be a continuation of the old), continues with all the available options.

I mean, it's not like they really talk about their past with you anyway, to my knowledge, or base any dialogue over past adventures with them. Most players would never realize the difference. Just that you have to do a little more flirting before they'll be more serious with you (again). This is still the laziest way to fix it, but it could be done, if they even gave a hoot.

Thanks for the support, to be honest I think it's insane that they're still quiet. And that's a nice fix: Copy the romance version of the cantina conversation and make it accessible to us, so we can use that to activate a new romance. So bloody simple. Either that or just let us toggle the romance flags ourselves in the Crew window. Just have us be able to activate the romance and get the romance checkmark and all romance dialogue with a click or two, that's how simple it could be

Edited by Swedguy

It is, indeed, idiotic. It doesn't help that nobody on staff has ever even mentioned this one, and that it is still a problem today, more than 18 months later.

And to avoid it, on a couple of characters I just played straight through from the beginning of Chapter I to the end of Chapter IX without stopping for *anything*. I actually don't recommend this, of course - I started each one around 9pm, which meant I finished around 2am or a bit later. (If you don't spacebar through all the conversations, you'll take somewhere between five and six hours to do all nine chapters. Or maybe I suck, I don't know.)

Or start on Thursday - the dynamics of emergency patches mean they don't do them on Fridays, so you should have the whole weekend to consume those 5-6 hours before another patch can come along.

What exactly are emergency patches? Have they recently been introduced?

What exactly are emergency patches? Have they recently been introduced?

Just a few times (maybe even just once), they have done a normal patch on a Tuesday, and found that it broke something that required an urgent fix, and they issued an out-of-schedule patch on the Thursday immediately afterwards. The last one I remember was not very long after they released 4.0, maybe one of the 4.2.X patches that got re-patched.

Just a few times (maybe even just once), they have done a normal patch on a Tuesday, and found that it broke something that required an urgent fix, and they issued an out-of-schedule patch on the Thursday immediately afterwards. The last one I remember was not very long after they released 4.0, maybe one of the 4.2.X patches that got re-patched.

Ok. What needed an urgent fix? I'm curious about what kind of priorities BW has.

Ok. What needed an urgent fix? I'm curious about what kind of priorities BW has.

If you dig through the official patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes you can see that the dates on the right-hand side are sometimes NOT separated by a whole number of weeks. There were in fact several during 2016, notable mostly for version numbers similar to 4.1a (that is, with a letter after the minor number). Those dates are links, and they link to the specific patch notes for the named patch version, whether it's a normal patch or an emergency patch.