The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New stories are just too much

Razdek

As a returning player I have really struggled with these new story arcs.

My main is a bounty hunter. I liked the idea that I was just roaming the galaxy taking bounties in the 1 to 50 levels. Now Im some big bad boss commander of this huge alliance... Never would have happened to my character. He would walk away. Its just silly. Personally (and I say personally because I can't speak for everyone) This whole eternal empire story arc is very ridiculous.. not to mention exactly the same for each character (So i have like 20 odd commanders of a massive alliance?) doesn't really fit the original spirit of SW:TOR. I miss having my original companions on my ship (Can I have Blizz and Torian back on my Mantis please?) ... I dunno. Just don't enjoy this new direction. It just seems very far fetched.

Edited by Razdek

My main is a bounty hunter. I liked the idea that I was just roaming the galaxy taking bounties in the 1 to 50 levels. Now Im some big bad boss commander of this huge alliance... Never would have happened to my character. He would walk away. Its just silly. Personally (and I say personally because I can't speak for everyone) This whole eternal empire story arc is very ridiculous.. not to mention exactly the same for each character (So i have like 20 odd commanders of a massive alliance?) doesn't really fit the original spirit of SW:TOR. I miss having my original companions on my ship (Can I have Blizz and Torian back on my Mantis please?) ... I dunno. Just don't enjoy this new direction. It just seems very far fetched.

U can always not run it. Then u can keep everything the same. I have done this on a few.

U can always not run it. Then u can keep everything the same. I have done this on a few.

but then you are just wasting your time subbing. it's like play the 8 classes from 1 to 50 or 16 classes (do the male/female version of each class' story) and then quit because everything after that is a one-size-fits-all.

I absolutely agree. I do enjoy the whole concept of Zakuul and Republic and Empire forming an alliance against it. Although I hoped they would delve more into the knights background, what with both expansions being called "Knights of ..." and such, but oh well.

But the bounty hunter being the commander and "Chosen one"? Or the smuggler? Or pretty much any of the non-Force classes?

The story really would have benefitted if at least in the end, you could have put someone else on the throne, redeemed Arcann for example, and just let you go about your business as officer or even just mercenary working for the Alliance. But no, you HAD to be the commander.

It just felt plain wrong. Solution: I played the storylines to experience them, but consider it to never have happened from a biography perspective, so that my bounty hunter is still just one more Mando under the command of Mandalore the Avenger.

I like the stories. The first character I took through it was my smuggler and she cares very much about the galaxy. She even liked helping the Republic when they came to her for help. She's the type that if she can help the galaxy be a better place she will. When the eternal empire threatened the galaxy of course she was try to stop them, that part of who she is.

She took the peacemaker choice in the story which means that she is going to help the galaxy rebuild. She may be a smuggler but she has a heart and cares about people so she will do what she can to help people.

I think it would depend on how you perceive your character to be, whether it works for you or not but so far it works for my characters (and I have 1-2 of each class), though I haven't taken them all through it yet.

(Can I have Blizz and Torian back on my Mantis please?)

Try recovering them from the companion terminal in your Odessen war room's "bedroom" near Hylo's area (the smuggler section). I know it didn't put them back on there when I recovered them via the story arc normally, but when I recovered Mako, she was right back on my ship. (Thankfully, since it's really rather lonely on board with no one to boss around.)

IMHO Most players think that SWTOR story and expansions are player/character/class/egocentric but in fact it is Sith Emperor/Valkorion centric. From the beginning it is all about the Emperor and Empire's Return and how it has affected all in the Known Galaxy till the end of the KOTFE, KOTET. So if you look at the whole story from 1.0 to 5.0 as story about Valkorion/Sith Emperor the latest story expansions make more sense.

Hope you played whole KOTFE/KOTET expansions because of the possible spoilers below.

So why don't leave, walk away like you say?

From beginning of KOTFE you are target No.1 in the Galaxy, you wouldn't last long alone or look like all Galaxy suffers till your last days always hidding lowlife.

Why Alliance, the commander thing?

From the beginning of the game you choose allegiance to the Republic or Empire, to develop/upgrade/level up your character your need power base, homeland, government, society that supports you/gives you purpose and missions. You need them for your own growth as they need you. You are from the beginning just an above average (insert your class) one of many other like you (insert no. on imp/rep fleet) . Unique as other NPC;s that you kill, help ally, work, travel with. Because of that you always need others to help you in your mission, from just companions to whole fleets and armies of NPC's or players. You can't do all of your missions alone.

That's why after being freed from carbonite by Lana, you need power base, homeland, people, equipment, funds to survive and fight back. The Republic and Empire are formally defeated and on brink of collapse and helping you would be an asking for a final Death Blow.

Once more you need Alliance. You need them for your own growth and survival as they need you.

Almost like " Help us (insert your name), you are our only hope!."

Why the KOTFE/KOTET expansions are so heavy SOLO oriented?

My first though was how many people can complete the quest/mission/chapter whenever they want how they want and when they want. Compare the KOTFE/KOTET with Microbinocular/Seeker Droid final missions or Oricon Final OPS.

Every one that started the class mission 'deserves' to see the Valkorion/ Sith Emperor story line from beginning to the end. (With their unique choices).

The Ultimate Fight with Valkorion/Arcann/Vaylin is good OPS material. From all 25 chapters you could make like 8-12 FP's. but...

It is the Ultimate Problem of this Game, you can't focus on all activities at once with the same weight/quality of content. And the main focus of the game was from beginning your own SOLO story. The other MMO activities were just an extra additional content. And the further you go with the story and expansions the more complicated becomes the choice:

Is the story should be SOLO or MMO oriented.

Thanks for reading

Edited by Nebdar