Keith/Eric: Opposite faction citizenship and/or a parallel universe, as well as bugs

Skinnerlee

Keith/Eric: Opposite faction citizenship and/or a parallel universe, as well as bug fixes.

Suggestions for the road map that you are creating for future direction of SWTOR (food for thought).

After the announcement of the up coming road map that Keith is producing, I offer my two cents worth with a couple ways to breath life back into swtor.

1. Citizenship Coruscant/Dromund Kass given to any like type character (dark vs. light). Dark Gunslinger, Light Sniper, Fallen Knights etc., etc..

I would love to be able to produce dark side or light side characters and join the opposite faction . Upon creation of character(all 16 character types could play either dark or light) as well as(in the spirit of the dark vs. light event) during play if I decided to permanently change factions and had achieved a dark vs. light standard of a respective faction, then I could gain entrance into that faction thru a citizenship change. It would be similar to character creation at level 60 or 65(you would sacrifice your story line, but could play all other quests, and in parties of that faction. Once you choose this road there is no going back because your past faction has become your enemy.

2. Parallel Universe - In the sense of legacy or new game, I would like to marry and have a child that you would develop to a certain level and they would pack their bags and climb aboard a ship (leave home) and go to a compete different universe (life) (start again with only what they could carry… new server, faction(maybe first order/dark side vs. gray order /light side etc.), time frame, story line (a return back to more star wars like game)) with no hooks to return(once you make your trip you are in a complete new game set/new server).

Greetings: I am a founder and have played since the beginning. I have two founder accounts and 2 regular accounts, that I keep continually subed. I am a hardcore PVE player(will not play pvp or ops for a variety of reasons). I also have 111 avatars, so you could say I have spend much time and a considerable amount of money in support of this game.

I also refrain from opinion. in reference, to changes in this game. It can’t get any worse than when I went to play the fallen empire and everything that I had accomplished and worked towards with reference to my crafts, my characters and craft designed companions was basically stolen from me (countless items, time, money and companions lost(or taken away thru concept change)) my cyber craftsmen have never recovered. The whole game had changed in one new chapter(FE). That’s how I see it… I always will say that is the point this game went south on an unknown path of demise.

Also, it seems like every person that comes thru BioWare/EA says I’m going to balance these characters(everybody has an opinion on what a character should do and how it should play). These 16 characters will never be totally balanced(I play all sixteen characters, good and not as good, there are none that I would term as bad). What a joke. I can’t count the number of times they have been worked on, changed and balanced. If one type is made better then another group or employee says change or don’t change mine and so on and so on. Can’t keep everyone happy. Enough said.

I believe this is the finest playing character/companion game that there is. If someone would fix the companion following lag or lapse time(rubber band elasticity effect), back to the way it was, there could be little complaint as to game play. Right now I frankly get tired of having to wait for my companion to catch up, makes no difference if they are a 10 lvl or 50 lvl, they all perform the same. When you are running, they can’t keep up with you or get to the interaction before it is over. Sometimes they jump to your location sometimes not, sometimes they get confused because of this. They can’t even stay in the same area that you are(they sometimes will not change elevation with you and sometimes fight from a different level, or go into the floor or wall). These effects, never used to be. I always thought their mapping was among best in the industry, not so now. Almost everyone I see has same or similar problem(this showed up around the ET expansion)and it is not computer related, I have four different 64 bit windows 10 systems and they all reflect the same. In other words there are a lot of things to repair and bugs to fixed before another chapter is added. If not, due to the vastness of this game, these bugs will eat you alive.

Another example: main story line star fortress exarch bug which has been in existence since the beginning of FE, there is no excuse for this not being fixed. I have done these on some of my main characters back in the beginning but for a while now they have gotten worse, especially for the nar shaddaa fortress and randomly others. They are impossible to accomplish(boss room invincibility). This one bug has become known to all players new and old and whoever else that would read the internet. I have gotten to the point of bypassing the whole fortress thing, not worth the frustration. Waiting for the fix, which has never come, 2 plus years.

The fear I have with this game is when someone starts talking about change (because of the today’s mindsets of gaming), it usually leads to something that involves Gods, Wings, and Dragons, (literally or metaphorically)… After all, that's what everyone is use to in other games. For crying out loud, this is Star Wars and if this game goes the direction of gods, then I will finally say it has died… To me this is the one game that is worth saving, so do what you must, but do it in the name of StarWars…, not other game concepts (too much of that has already been incorporated).

I have gotten more wordy than I had anticipated, so to end this, let me wish you all the best of luck in your choice of road map. Regardless of choices, I will still be around playing PVE and offering my support thru subscriptions and the cartel market.

Happy gaming

Skinnerlee :cool::D:)