Player Class Codex entry canon appearances?

SargerusIII

This probably is an old topic, but i finally start replaying KOTFE after a long time and i noticed a codex about my character is unlocked right at the start of Chapter 1, but here's the thing, the codex image is not my character, but a female human, while my JK is a Cathar Male. So out of curiosity i created pre-made characters of all classes to see which is the default appearances and i got the following:

Jedi Knight - Human Female

Jedi Consular - Human Male

Smuggler - Human Male

Trooper - Human Female

Sith Warrior - Pureblood Male

Sith Inquisitor - Twilek Female

Bounty Hunter - Rattataki Female

Imperial Agent - Chiss Male

Is this bioware's way to tell which is the 'canon' appearances of the classes?

Edited by SargerusIII

This probably is an old topic, but i finally start replaying KOTFE after a long time and i noticed a codex about my character is unlocked right at the start of Chapter 1, but here's the thing, the codex image is not my character, but a female human, while my JK is a Cathar Male. So out of curiosity i created pre-made characters of all classes to see which is the default appearances and i got the following:

Jedi Knight - Human Female

Jedi Consular - Human Male

Smuggler - Human Male

Trooper - Human Female

Sith Warrior - Pureblood Male

Sith Inquisitor - Twilek Female

Bounty Hunter - Rattataki Female

Imperial Agent - Chiss Male

Is this bioware's way to tell which is the 'canon' appearances of the classes?

No. The codex entries have fixed images (some aren't even related directly to your character, for example), and they had to pick something, so they made "random" (meaning arbitrary) choices.

No. The codex entries have fixed images (some aren't even related directly to your character, for example), and they had to pick something, so they made "random" (meaning arbitrary) choices.

Yeah but the could just as easily just put the icon of your class in there. Having an image that's not what my character look like is really immersion breaking.

Yeah but the could just as easily just put the icon of your class in there. Having an image that's not what my character look like is really immersion breaking.

It's a bit disconcerting when you've applied a customisation to your companion, and you do anything that shows a static picture of your companion, for exactly the same reason.

Or, in reverse when you've applied one to a companion, say Elara #3, and then given her a big hat to wear, and gone around like that for ages, and you watch the opener cinematic for going to Rishi...

There I am, walking through the ship, all trooperish in my BBA Bounty Tracker set.

There I am, waving to Aric, and there he is, waving back.

There's M1-4X, doing what he does.

There's a red-tinted brunette that I don't recognise, dressed in regulation Havoc Squad BBA Bounty Tracker.

There's Tanno Vik, dodgy as ever.

There's Yuun, being mysterious like only he can.

Wait! Where's my favorite healer, Elara Dorne? And who's that brunette anyway?

(Cinematic ends.)

(Runs to sickbay, there's Elara.)

(Opens character panel, selects companion tab, turns off Elara's helmet.)

What? That brunette kidnapped Elara and took her place? Oh, wait, there's a customisation in that slot. Let's remove it.

And the mystery of the invading brunette is solved!