Companion and the companion frame are gone

BornInHockeytown

Here's a weird one for you all:

I came out of a Warzone (Alderaan Civil War), and all of a sudden my companion and the frame were gone. Problem is: at this point, I don't have either my starship or another companion, so I can't try those fixes. And believe you me, I've tried all the others:

Resetting the UI

Relogging

Restarting the game

Grouping and exiting

Running both a Flashpoint and another Warzone

Sending the companion on a crew skill mission

Along with most any other I can think of. I tried to have my companion sell some junk items, but it won't. It flat-out refuses.

See, the Companions and Contacts window lists T7 (the companion) like it's standing right next to me. Trying to dismiss it does nothing: the prompt shows up in the chat window but nothing actually changes.

All the fixes I've seen for this either don't work for me or aren't possible given my progress in the game. Am I just screwed and am going to have to try and solo everything until I can get another companion? I've got a whole planet before I get Kira.

Edit: When I tried resetting the UI, the companion cast bar flashes for a brief moment when the Ui comes back, but it doesn't fix the issue.

Edited by BornInHockeytown
Forgot something

Happened for me too.

1. Take a PVP pop with an active companion

2. When you return from the match the companion bar and icon are missing

3. Open the companion window, that companion will appear as though it is summoned and you can send them to sell junk, but you cannot summon them.

4. You can summon another companion, but the original companion cannot be summoned until you log out or zone into another PVP match and zone back out.

If you go into the interface editor, is the companion window there? If so try to edit it in some way or disable then enable it and see if that works.

That did not work. I don't think it's a UI issue. According to the game my companion is there. I can't dismiss him. It reports dismissed but then I can't summon. The summon button in the UI is the "Sale Junk Items"

If you have only one companion available (e.g. just finished starter planet), you're out of luck unless you can afford to buy a CM companion ticket on the GTN or you have can afford to buy a Treek ticket on the CM (exception: if you have the Nico Okarr, Master Ranos, or Shae Vizla summoner objects, you can use one of them). Or file a ticket with Customer Service in-game. Be polite and give as much information as you can:

* Server

* Character

* When

* What the problem is

* What you did that caused the problem.

You might also try sending your sole companion on a crew skill mission using the B panel to see if that helps.

If you have only one companion available (e.g. just finished starter planet), you're out of luck unless you can afford to buy a CM companion ticket on the GTN or you have can afford to buy a Treek ticket on the CM (exception: if you have the Nico Okarr, Master Ranos, or Shae Vizla summoner objects, you can use one of them). Or file a ticket with Customer Service in-game. Be polite and give as much information as you can:

* Server

* Character

* When

* What the problem is

You might also try sending your sole companion on a crew skill mission using the B panel to see if that helps.

I had a ticket open for 3 days. I finally used my CC to buy Treek (forgot I had Shae Vizla in my storage;. ) ), and that fixed my issue.

This is a piss poor way to have to solve the issue. Putting the responsibility on the player to work around a game stopping bug is just messed up.

I suppose this is where the game is at this moment.

* Server

* Character

* When

* What the problem is

That's disappointing but probably true. I've had a ticket open for days now and nobody has responded. I've seen this issue starting to pop up in the forums, but I'm one of the only people who has it that haven't been able to solve it right away with another companion. Starting to worry that they just aren't going to fix it at all because it just isn't widespread enough.