Character name change

Shanuka

I m a returning player. I haven't played that much. I have change one of my characters name when it was free, I want to change another characters name but when I click on Character name change on the left it says I have already used my free character name change. Does this mean I cant change again? willing to pay.

I m a returning player. I haven't played that much. I have change one of my characters name when it was free, I want to change another characters name but when I click on Character name change on the left it says I have already used my free character name change. Does this mean I cant change again? willing to pay.

It's in the Cartel Market (in the right-hand menu on the menu bar at the top of the screen, in the Miscellaneous or Consumables section.

Character name change is expensive. It costs 1000 cc.

and it claims to show a way to change name free of cost. That is a false claim. What it shows is a completely legitimate way to change a character's name for 180 cc which is far cheaper. I've used this method myself previously.

Thanks Steve and Mike

Thanks guys for help!

I have seen that Video, Does not work with my name as my name is available with all other servers so it doesn't change

Edited by Shanuka

I have seen that Video, Does not work with my name as my name is available with all other servers so it doesn't change

Let's say, for example, you have a character named "Fred" that you want to change to "Bob".

Create a new character on a server and call it "Fred". Then when you go to transfer to that server, the name will be taken, and you can change your character's name to "Bob" and then transfer back. Each transfer cost 90 CC atm, so that's 180 CC in total

Or you could buy a character name change token from the Cartel Market (1000 CC) or the GTN (many credits).

The transfer method is "cheaper" but I wouldn't call either method "expensive". 1050 CC is only $10 (US). :)

Disclaimer - all CC costs are what I can recall at this time and may be subject to error or change.

Edited by JediQuaker

Yup as suggested for name change use the server transfer trick, which costs you 90cc + 90cc, also an important thing, when you use the rename from CM you have a 30 day lock on renaming again (just in case you decide) but the server transfer bypasses this, so its really the best option.

Many people simply reserve names on servers by making lvl 1 toons, just to keep name available.

The transfer trick is cheaper, but keep in mind that you can only transfer characters once every 72 hours. That means that it will take you almost a week to have the toon back on the server that you want to play on. I personally would go with the transfer option, but I thought you should be aware of the time involved.

The transfer trick is cheaper, but keep in mind that you can only transfer characters once every 72 hours. That means that it will take you almost a week to have the toon back on the server that you want to play on. I personally would go with the transfer option, but I thought you should be aware of the time involved.

If I transfer to the other server wait three days (72 hours) and then transfer back. How is that almost a week?

Your math is wrong, friend. If he transfers today, he'll have his toon back on the original server in 3 days. You don't count the 72 hours after transferring back

I transferred like 3 of my characters and transferred back and it transferred instantly. First I transferred to Bergan colony -renamed character-transferred back. It log me out of account and when I log back It was already transferred.

Yeah, my math was off there, but I was still working on my first cup of coffee when i wrote that. I had thought that it would be a 72 hour wait for transfer, and somehow my mind multiplied that as two 72 hour periods. On the plus side to it all, you got characters transferred quickly. I'm glad that it worked out well for you.