Light -vs- Dark and choices

cagthehack

Last time I played regularly was before the dev's added LvsD.

Now leveling up I've noticed that my choices don't register light or dark points any longer. If I select "Dark", then all my choices, even those that are "light" sided, generate Dark points? And same with light?

Is this true? If so, the what does choice matter anymore? I'm hoping I'm imagining this.

Last time I played regularly was before the dev's added LvsD.

Now leveling up I've noticed that my choices don't register light or dark points any longer. If I select "Dark", then all my choices, even those that are "light" sided, generate Dark points? And same with light?

Is this true? If so, the what does choice matter anymore? I'm hoping I'm imagining this.

No, you still get light or dark points depending on a light or dark choice you make. But you also get a certain amount of alignment points for each quest you do based on whichever alignment you've chosen for DvL which may (or may not) cancel out the alignment points you'd get for a specific choice.

Also, not all choices have an alignment associated with them. And I think they may have removed alignment points from some choices entirely - not all of them though, there are definitely still light/dark choices in the story.

I believe there's also an option in the settings to show alignment gain on choices so you may have that turned off.

There's also a new button on your UI (that may be half hidden behind your mini-map) with a dark/light selector.

Whichever one you have selected is what your actions will give you points toward in addition to whatever the quest may give.

If it's partially hidden, use your interface editor to move it.