Main character

ThePsyEagle

So, I've been playing the game since about 4 months now and i just can't decide on a main. The first char I got stuck to was my agent, brought him to command rank 40. Then i thought, nah I like the juggernaut more, so I swapped to a juggernaut. Brought him to command rank 117, then I thought, na Jedi Shadow is better. Just brought my Shadow to command rank 63 and think a jedi sentinel, full dark side, sith species would be way cooler.....

I know you people can't tell me which main to pick, but how did you chose your main?:confused:

I play this game mostly as a sequel for ancient KOTOR 1&2. Soloing a lot and story/style first.

That's why for me #1 is Jedi Guardian.

The story is IMO the most epic and has strongest ties with KOTOR (I googled a little before playing).

Combat animations are neat, attacks have enough variation and I really like Force Leap (jumping over pits, etc...).

I have played all the basic stories of all classes and didn't find much to complain. But I found out that I don't like healer mains, wielding two lightsabers, tedious fights with low-level enemies (Force Storm helped). For me it was best to stick with one character to the end before starting a new one. Okay, I switched between rep/imp but two rep stories in a row was boring.

I know you people can't tell me which main to pick, but how did you chose your main?:confused:

My first character was a Jedi Sentinel, which I considered my "main". Then I did (not necessarily in this order) a Jedi Sage (healer), a Trooper, and a Smuggler (scoundrel), and another Sage (dps) (plus a low level BH Merc used to get HK-51 parts.)

At some point, after that, I made a female Gunslinger for grins. I ended up liking the 'Slinger so much, I made a male Gunslinger which is now my "main" main - but really, one of 6 mains.

My "main" characters now are the original Jedi Sentinel (male), the dps Sage (male), both Gunslingers, a Sith Marauder (f), and an IA Sniper (f).

The Sniper was only just made last month during the 250% XP boost. I also just got a Powertech to level 70, which I kinda like too.

(I currently have 19 characters - at least one of each advanced class. Some are only level 65, and basically idle, but the mains are all 70.)

TL;DR - you never know what class(es) you like until you try them. :)

If I absolutely had to pick a Main, I'd have to say my Sith Sorcerer (healer), with my Jedi Sage (healer) as a close second. Granted, they were the first characters I started with, so I may be a little biased in my opinion. I love their respective storylines and companions (Andronikos is my favorite), and their both pretty bad-*** when it comes to combat (probably because I keep equipping them with better gear as soon as I get it (CXP drops)).

In all due honesty, if you find yourself playing one (or two) classes more over the others, maybe consider them your Main(s)? Again, just my take on it.

So, I've been playing the game since about 4 months now and i just can't decide on a main. The first char I got stuck to was my agent, brought him to command rank 40. Then i thought, nah I like the juggernaut more, so I swapped to a juggernaut. Brought him to command rank 117, then I thought, na Jedi Shadow is better. Just brought my Shadow to command rank 63 and think a jedi sentinel, full dark side, sith species would be way cooler.....

I actually waited until I had completed most of the class stories before picking my main(s). I have one for Republic, which is my Commando and one for the Empire, which is my Bounty Hunter. I chose them mostly due to the class stories, and gameplay. I like the others I have played, but not quite as much as those two.