The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Trailer)

Without day there cannot be night, without darkness there cannot be light, and without light there are no shadows, all must exist symbiotically and as one. There is no death, there is the force, and the force shall set me free.

Here is a theory, Ach-To (the planet Luke is on) could just be an island in the middle of a Tython ocean. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Except the planet that Rei goes to is in the mid to outer rim, not in the deep core like Tython is supposed to be.

So people talked a lot about Bioware and Swtor trying to push "Grayness" on the player characters by suggesting you need to go beyond light and dark. And people complained that this was contrary to how it was supposed to work in Star Wars.

And now it looks like the movies are going to officially canonize that Grayness is actually better than Light or Dark and the Jedi and Sith have been wrong this whole time.

So I guess if the movies make that retcon, then there will be no escaping it. I don't think I'm going to be enjoying Star Wars for much longer.

Edited by OldVengeance

I was thoroughly underwhelmed. Really, it made me appreciate Thor: Ragnarok's trailer even more lol. Talk about contra-effect. I mean, I'll go and see both(they don't overlap), but...apart from the epic music it isn't really that good. They tried to repeat what TFA's trailer did MASTERFULLY, but didn't actually understand what that really was lol.

If this really does end in Gray nonsense, they better bring Kyle back! I mean...without seeing more, I'm so, so underwhelmed. Another AT-AT assault(/yawn), another training course of ~30 minutes...my lord! I almost wanna cry for stories like Kyle Katarn's.

I'm now officially afraid that this'll be ESB 2,0 and that they are...going the 40k route of "over the top epic". And if they go Gray, they can also go and add "gr1t". And...no, don't make it so! DON'T!

They didn't seem to mind when making A New Hope 2.0 (TFA) and not what we wanted. Rip EU, forever in our hearts.

So people talked a lot about Bioware and Swtor trying to push "Grayness" on the player characters by suggesting you need to go beyond light and dark. And people complained that this was contrary to how it was supposed to work in Star Wars.

And now it looks like the movies are going to officially canonize that Grayness is actually better than Light or Dark and the Jedi and Sith have been wrong this whole time.

So I guess if the movies make that retcon, then there will be no escaping it. I don't think I'm going to be enjoying Star Wars for much longer.

As long as we get a mention of Arcann, Vailyn, or Valkorian in 8 we should be fine, for now. Prepare for wonderful ratings just to call it overrated a few months after release.

Made me think Luke is the last Jedi and Ray is not to be trained as one but to be the next generation of force users that use the force. No Dark and Light.

Now I just thought of Ray and Kylo working together to beat Snoke in the final movie.

I bet it's none of that. I bet that scene is taken from a part in the movie where Luke is just depressed, but it was used in the trailer for dramatic effect.

• 3 months later...
I like what I saw. Looks like Luke figures out what must be done. No light side, no dark side, just the force.

That's the concept of the gray jedi. Not sure if it's cannon anymore.

Edited by Johrun