The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Questions about which tree to hit first for this spec

Canzokid

Assuming it's a straight PvE build, it's nice. You want to go Shield Spec first, you want to buff up Ion Cell. You want Ion Overload as soon as you can get it so you can throw out High Impact Bolt. Then you want Shield Cylinder so you can get that Ammo/Energy Cell. You are really going to want to grab Counterattack to reap it's benefits. You want the extra ammo and uses of Stock Strike it will bring you.

Remember, when you shield an attack the attack will not crit.

Assuming it's a straight PvE build, it's nice. You want to go Shield Spec first, you want to buff up Ion Cell. You want Ion Overload as soon as you can get it so you can throw out High Impact Bolt. Then you want Shield Cylinder so you can get that Ammo/Energy Cell. You are really going to want to grab Counterattack to reap it's benefits. You want the extra ammo and uses of Stock Strike it will bring you.

Remember, when you shield an attack the attack will not crit.

Good info thanks! And yes PVE was what I was asking about.

Edited by Canzokid

I got a follow up question.

If you go for Shield Spec with Gut (skipping EB) that is a 30/11/0 build should you go Tactics first and get Gut or focus on Shield Spec and get those talents first?

Anyone having experience with PvE/PvP/Instances with either route please leave reply.

Now I do expect a respec at lvl 40 (max Shield spec tree 30 points for finishing the tanking build in PvE and PvP).

However to increase Questing/Soloing Speed i was wondering if you get a faster time leveling as a Tactics upto lvl 30 (stopping at 21 with Gut then going for Shield Spec) if you go and get Gut first and foremost.

Or is it just painfuly slow leveling if you do not focus a tree down to finishing it leaving hybrids for lvl 50?