Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Changes to PVP CXP in 5.2?

ViciousFett

I agree... unfortunately, BW's primary concern is to keep us grinding. That means, they can't allow you access to min/max without having to grind.

Also unfortunate, they seem to think that bolstering to 10 item levels below min max is "sufficient" for competitive pvp gameplay.

This is accurate on all fronts. Bioware's actions have made it clear this is where they stand on PvP WZs and it will likely stay this way until they are either forced to change their minds or the lights go out.

Personally I have stopped running WZs all together which formerly comprised 90% of my play time. This will directly impact how often I am subbed due to the fact they do not release regular PvE content.

WZs are the perfect treadmill to keep people subbed...all they have to do is offer decent rewards and possibly a ranking system that keeps track of stats, medals accrued etc and make it an EVEN PLAYING FIELD by maxing bolster.. and WZs would keep a great many people happy and paying.

On the other hand Bioware has chosen to actually alienate a great many PvPers, this is a strong example of Bioware being completely out of touch and as a result making a really poor design decision.

Move bolster up to match the current highest tier gear and adjust as tiers are released! If you want people to grind gear add new content regularly. In WZ's all you have done by lowering bolster is make many not want to participate...

Edited by Soljin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.