Security key not working

itvi_empereur

My security key suddenly stopped working. The physical one I had from collector's edition ran out of power, so I replaced it with the smartphone app. For few months all worked fine. One day it just stopped working. I couldn't log into the game so I removed it. Right now, I can't use the app nor re-attach it to my account, because for some reason its not recognized and website/game launcher acts like I entered wrong credentials, asking me for a code again. What to do?

My security key suddenly stopped working. The physical one I had from collector's edition ran out of power, so I replaced it with the smartphone app. For few months all worked fine. One day it just stopped working. I couldn't log into the game so I removed it. Right now, I can't use the app nor re-attach it to my account, because for some reason its not recognized and website/game launcher acts like I entered wrong credentials, asking me for a code again. What to do?

You' may need to re-download the app, depending on exactly when you first downloaded it. (Did it give 8-digit codes or 6-digit codes? If it gave 8-digit codes, you need to delete it and download the new one.)

Also, in what way did the app stop working? Did it no longer run, or was it just that the codes didn't work any more? The latter can be caused by your phone getting the wrong date and/or time.

So check that your phone has the right date and time.

You' may need to re-download the app, depending on exactly when you first downloaded it. (Did it give 8-digit codes or 6-digit codes? If it gave 8-digit codes, you need to delete it and download the new one.)

Also, in what way did the app stop working? Did it no longer run, or was it just that the codes didn't work any more? The latter can be caused by your phone getting the wrong date and/or time.

So check that your phone has the right date and time.

^ that last part is the real reason why.

Daylight savings at different times zones is havoc on computers like Y2K.

Btw you didn't need to delete it it would of fixed it self in less than a day.

Edited by dxlolman