Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Lowbie PVP

Sauram

I wanted to try some PVP, so I rolled a new trooper to level doing only PVP. Well, that hasn't worked. I have waited as high as 2 hours with no pops on Shadowlands. My times are varied from Primetime, US East Coast, to Early Daytime. After a few days, I started doing heroics to fill the down time. Doing that, I've quickly leveled to 25 with not a single PVP match. I want to start with lowbies to get familiar with the maps/objectives of each WZ, learn my PVP utilities, and get some basics down before joining at higher levels. But, It appears that lowbie pvp is dead. How can one be expected to do these things without jumping into LVL 70 PVP with no knowledge of how to play it, thus, annoying our teammates?

Lowbie, PvP is the best place to learn the ropes of WZs. IMO the best time (on the Harbinger) for lowbie PvP are the weekends during the day (mid to late AM through early PM).

That being said, we are in an alt unfriendly time right now. So all too many players are playing their level 70s trying to get as much CXP as possible.

This will probably change in a few weeks with 5.2 and new gear drops in Ops.

I wanted to try some PVP, so I rolled a new trooper to level doing only PVP. Well, that hasn't worked. I have waited as high as 2 hours with no pops on Shadowlands. My times are varied from Primetime, US East Coast, to Early Daytime. After a few days, I started doing heroics to fill the down time. Doing that, I've quickly leveled to 25 with not a single PVP match. I want to start with lowbies to get familiar with the maps/objectives of each WZ, learn my PVP utilities, and get some basics down before joining at higher levels. But, It appears that lowbie pvp is dead. How can one be expected to do these things without jumping into LVL 70 PVP with no knowledge of how to play it, thus, annoying our teammates?

From what I understand , on the East coast your best bet is EbonHawk. The rest of the servers seem to be flat lining since the introduction of GC.

I tried similar too in JC, it is simply not possible. I only got a couple of pop in lowbies. Mids are a little better but still if you will only PvP it will be slow and you will spend a lot of time just waiting for pops.

My suggestion is, get the item that negates the current 2.5x Exp and do heroics or FP os Story class while being in queue. Otherwise you will get bored.

I know I shouldn't really be advocating for more servers to be dying off, but if you want lowbie pvp then you should move to Ebon Hawk (for your East coast) or if you're not afraid of the ping, Harbinger. I'm on Ebon and we still get pretty decent lowbie pops. It's not as good as the lvl 70 pvp but I've never had to wait for 2 hours. :/

Thanks for the suggestions all. I will stay on Shadowlands for now. My guild is there and we raid 3 nights week. Y'all will just have to putt up with a middbie or max that doesn't know the Maps. :D

The low-level character you're PvPing with can transfer while the raiding character can stay put.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.