The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

"Lost" Schematic Packs

Mithros

Over time, a lot of appearances that were once available to the characters have been lost.

Some of them have made comebacks, some have not.

My idea is to take all of these "lost" looks and turn them into schematics for the various crafts and to sell them as packs.

Armormechs and synthweavers may not have that many looks missing. After all, with the appearance designer any crafted armor can be assigned to a character to get that appearance, and sets can be mixed and matched.

Armstechs and artificers are another story. With weapons not a part of the appearance designer they are affectively forced to use the best weapons they can get.

Now, they can move mods from some high-end gear into any shell they want, but that still doesn't include every weapon that have been available in the past.

The old exhumed and resurrected blaster cannons, for example: http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/exhumed-combat-medic-eliminator-assault-cannon/

I have not seen that same look anywhere else, and certainly not in a shell that could be modified to remain relevant for a character.

Change the names, change the colors, whatever, the look is what is most important, and in the case of armors we can always use dye packs to make it more to our liking anyway (just please keep any tertiary colors away from the garish... If I want hot pink I can use a hot pink dye, I do not want it permanently fixed as part of some armor).

Just make one giant schematic pack; "Armormech Schematic Pack", "Armstech Schematic Pack", and so on. Heck, if speeder schematics no longer drop/are trainable for cybertechs then give them a pack, too.

If it gets to a point where there are so many schematics in a pack that you think the price is off-putting then split those schematics across two or more packs, numbered for easy reference (Armormech Schematic Pack 1, Armormech Schematic Pack 2, etc).

Also expect these to be custom schematics. Suitable for the appearance designer in the case of armor, but able to be modified and kept relevant in any event.

Make them high-skill to learn if you want, but it would be my hope that characters could use any of the appearances early on. If they have to be high level (50+) then so be it, but I don't see the harm in giving a level 10 or even level 1 character an option for a custom weapon that they can keep and use as they level.

Every custom armor and weapon on the CM can be used this way, and if I pay the CM for these schematics I see them in much the same light.

Collectible, non-collectible, whatever. Don't care much either way. I just want to be able to craft weapons and armors that have disappeared from the game, make them things that characters can keep and level with, and am willing to pay extra to do so.

with the appearance designer any crafted armor can be assigned to a character to get that appearance, and sets can be mixed and matched.

I don't think so. You can do it with the Outfit Designer, but not with the Appearance Designer kiosks. They are for changing your character's "base" appearance, face, hair, etc.

To add to this, there are the old named Tionese, Columi, Rakata weapons. I have some on my 1.0 characters but I've rolled clones of the same char after the fact who don't have those items. I'd love to see a cartel pack that either drops those weapons, or drops schematics for them so that crafters can make them.

To add to this, there are the old named Tionese, Columi, Rakata weapons. I have some on my 1.0 characters but I've rolled clones of the same char after the fact who don't have those items. I'd love to see a cartel pack that either drops those weapons, or drops schematics for them so that crafters can make them.

I'm not so worried about the names, just the looks.

In fact, I would want and expect a name change for most of them.

The people that have those weapons now would still have that name that others could not get, but the appearance would be in the game as a moddable shell for everyone else.

At least as long as the crafters bought these packs, and I have no doubt that there would be sales if they made them.

Tionese, Columi, Rakata - weapons I'll say 'okay', but the armor/ schematics for the armors [NO], as they're the most prized trophies among many veteran players.

Yeah, in 1.0~ the weapons off the ops vendors with the names on them were really cool. More than that, those weapons had that KOTOR look for weapons down pat! So, I wouldn't mind sharing that cool nostalgia with newer players, as starting TOR with weapons that look straight out of KOTOR is a really cool experience that I don't necessarily think should be lost as this game expands and progresses.

Edited by Willjb

Tionese, Columi, Rakata - weapons I'll say 'okay', but the armor/ schematics for the armors [NO], as they're the most prized trophies among many veteran players.

In some cases the looks are already out there.

Republic side I can craft up some blues that look just like those old armors.

Names? Not interested. I want[/i] them to change the names of at least some of the gear, and wouldn't have any problem if they changed the names of all of it.

I even want them to change the colors in some way (as long as they stay away from certain default colors/combinations).

But the looks? That basic shape? Unless something was offered as an exclusive then what is the argument to not recycle it? To not bring it back?

That someone to whom no promises were made might feel like less of a special snowflake?

In some cases the looks are already out there.

Republic side I can craft up some blues that look just like those old armors.

Names? Not interested. I want[/i] them to change the names of at least some of the gear, and wouldn't have any problem if they changed the names of all of it.

I even want them to change the colors in some way (as long as they stay away from certain default colors/combinations).

But the looks? That basic shape? Unless something was offered as an exclusive then what is the argument to not recycle it? To not bring it back?

That someone to whom no promises were made might feel like less of a special snowflake?

Coming from a WAH'er who wants old content brought back just for them, they sound like the fairy princess of special snowflakes.

For the record: These armors/ weapons/ etc. aren't "lost', they were taken out of the game a long time ago when an expansion came out. If you were even subbed back then, you had an inexcusably [enormous] amount of time to get the gear and schematics. If not, then keep dreaming as that or pvp rewards shouldn't be brought back (which also have no guarantee, but won't be brought back because it's common sense, which the WAH'ers on this thread clearly lack); either way, go WAH somewhere else with all the other Johnny-come-latelies and entitled WAH'ers with their hands out who feel like special snowflakes.

Edited by Willjb

Right.

You go out of your way to post in opposition to this idea but *I* am the one that wants to feel special about having these things?

Maybe this escaped your notice, but I want these things so that everyone can have them if they want them.

So that crafters of all sorts can make them for not just themselves but for everyone else that might be interested in this piece or that for an outfit.

It all comes down to one question for me; Did they say that the item was exclusive when it was offered?

If they did then I want them to keep it exclusive. If not?

No good reason to take customization away from players, and I am willing to pay to get some of it back.

Right.

You go out of your way to post in opposition to this idea but *I* am the one that wants to feel special about having these things?

Maybe this escaped your notice, but I want these things so that everyone can have them if they want them.

So that crafters of all sorts can make them for not just themselves but for everyone else that might be interested in this piece or that for an outfit.

It all comes down to one question for me; Did they say that the item was exclusive when it was offered?

If they did then I want them to keep it exclusive. If not?

No good reason to take customization away from players, and I am willing to pay to get some of it back.

Yeah~, having a galactic soup kitchen for old rare items isn't right. [You] want the armors. Don't act so noble, just because you're willing to let other people have it too, after you get your grubby hands on it. Keep denying your ridiculous sense of entitlement, when [you] are the one who created a WAH~, I want it and I want it Now thread. Don't expect veteran players to just cave in to cater to your wants. I'm willing to pay way more to keep old content from previous expansions kept at the time window it already had. No sense grinding for gear from a particular expansion or season when someone will just WAH about it to bring it back down the road. You had your window JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE; FAIL on your part. Now you want it brought back just because you feel entitled.

Edited by Willjb