The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Grapple doesnt always work?

dreadkhan

I have a lot more problems with Grapple than just resolve and cover. Sometimes it flings them off in crazy directions or doesn't work on a target despite them not being in resolve-mode. When this happens, Grapple goes on cooldown and I can expect another 45 seconds of mediocrity.

At first it wasn't very noticable, but lately I can't go a whole WZ without it doing something silly on me.

Grapple is very lousy as our only means to catch someone. It has a long cooldown, we can't use it to join a melee in progress without yanking a target out of the action (although that is situationally preferable), and the constant wackyness of the ability in general have lead me to exclusively PvP with specs including Jet Charge.

There are some things I miss from high-end AdvP or Pyro, but the reliability and short cooldown of Jet Charge is nonnegotiable in my current Guild WZ composition. Grapple is just really lame compared to the chase and battlefield control mechanisms of the other classes, Jet Charge does a lot to make up for it.

Not having Jet Charge is thematically stupid in all forms of content. You think I bought this fancy *** armor and modded it up with gizmos and a jetpack just so I could uppercut higher? Really? It's stupid. Jet Charge should be core and we can give the buggy pull to the tanks who will mostly be using it on things that it wont break on.

Edited by chainsawsamurai

Screw it, I'm not done.

Charge works with resolve up. Grapple doesn't.

Our only method of initiation and battlefield control is negated because some ******* used a stun on a guy with nearly full resolve. I don't expect this to change, Resolve should make the target immune to physics effects, but us being shackled to Grapple is really lame.

We don't have stealth to hide behind or set up ambushes with. Grapple is nice battlefield control -- when it works -- but with its restrictions, cooldown, and general wonkyness it is absolutely no substitute for a real gap closer for a class that relies on close range.

PTs are hamstrung because the piece of equipment that defines us, the damn jetpack I have to stare at the entire duration of my time playing, is only given to tanks where as the super high threat positioning ability is given to all of us.

It is thematically ridiculous, and it is absolutely silly in all manner of practical gameplay, PvE and PvP. It's just stupid.

Edited by chainsawsamurai

This is extremely frustrating as it's (at least at my level) our only means of catching someone in a warzone. I just played a huttball match at me where twice it fired, went on cooldown and saw the rope attach to them, but they didn't actually move. Is this because of resolve or what?

I don't know what resolve is. But when i use grapple on my Powertech in PVP. It sometimes won't grab a person, even if they're within distance. And this happens about 30% of the time.

I think it might have something to do with the ability lag or w/e people have in pvp (including me)

chainsaw u really need to stop waffling on abit champ.

yeah grapple has its moments where it doesnt work. however most of those times are when resolve ****s up or you **** up urself.

playing pyro i have NO problems with either a) gap closing or b) initiating.

i can kill players from range just fine if i need to.

so i dont find jet charge mandatory.

on the other hand, jet charge is so much *********** fun :<