Character/Server Transfer

LanternsUnite

Hi! While I may not be a new player, this is a topic I have absolutely zero knowledge about and if per say a newer player was curious as well, he could find this in the new player section! I have a couple (most likely will be more than a couple) questions about character transfers and how they work, so let's jump into them! (Any information is helpful!)

1. Let's say our legacy that we're transferring is a level 50 one called Smith and the one to the current server is level 30 called John (examples). Would the higher level replace the lower level completely, or just the name and level?
  2. Moreover, will achievements carry over as well? Or will I only have the achievements from the legacy on the new server?
  3. How does this change when transferring a character with a legacy to a server without one? Will everything be basically "copy and pasted" or will the new found legacy only take the name and level of the one that the transferred character was originally part of?
  4. Is completed class stories account bound for legendary status or server status? Like will I need to recomplete all of the stories on the new server in order to get the class buffs and legendary status once more?
  5. Switching over to populations and connections based questions now- For East Coast, I presume Ebon Hawk is the most populated and for West Coast, Harbringer is more populated. I hear Harbringer has a little better queues, but if you can't handle the connection if you're not on west coast, stick to you're original area. Would I be able to play on west coast servers if I currently live on the east coast, or just stick to my original area? (I average about mid 30's for ms, FPS averages around 40-50 when doing most things, PvP sometimes drops to below 30s and sometimes really low like below 15 if connection is buggy that day- hence all graphics are on low, playing on full screen, and I have sort of a direct connection (adapter plugs into the router and into the outlet, other adapter plugs into laptop and into outlet)
  6. Is the 90 CC per character still going on? How long will it run until?

All information is helpful and thanked for! I will update thread with additional questions if I discover them or ever think that they might help future/newer players as well. If a question is too difficult to understand, please quote it and I will go into more detail. Thanks!

Edited by LanternsUnite

6) The 90 CC transfer is for "the foreseeable future".

They hope to give at least a week's notice before that changes.

5) I can not say for sure, but it doesn't take much to make a character, get to the point that you can queue, and then wait and see.

If being on Harbinger is that important, seems like it would be worth it to see for yourself rather than take someone's word, transfer a bunch of toons, then discover that you weren't getting the results you hoped for/were told that you would.

I vaguely recall seeing answers to the other stuff around, but I am going to avoid commenting at this time.

1+2:

The legacies are merged, in case of conflicts the higher number is used (this includes decoration counts).

The name of the target legacy remains unchanged.

When the level 50 Smith legacy has the Agent story completed, but the Knight just left Coruscant, while John is on Hoth with both Agent and Knight, the merged Legacy will still be "John" but now at level 50, and have the achievements for a completed Agent storyline and Knight on Hoth.

If Smith has killed only 40 mobs for an achievement but has unlocked 10 fancy chairs, while John has killed 100 mobs and owns only 1 chair, the merged legacy will have killed 100 mobs and own 10 chairs

A thing to know about strongholds: If you bought access to a stronghold with credits on the origin server, you will have to buy it again for the same price on the target server, if you paid with cartel coins instead, you still need to go to the terminal and buy it, but it will be free. All additionaly unlocked rooms are also unlocked on the target server, no matter whether you bought them with credits or cc.

3: If there is no current legacy, the new legacy will be copied, including name.

4: Legendary status transfers with you, but before you transfer you may want to start anew on the new server and play a bit without the legacy benefits to earn easy cc (starter planet for each class, first time doing Black Talon / Esselles and the first starship mission, each is 20cc) When the legacies are merged and those achievements are copied from the origin legacy, you won't get the cartel coins again.

Edited by Mubrak

• 3 months later...

First i am sorry to bump this topic now but i have a few questions.

Here is the situation:

I have on The Progenitor 6 toons with a Jedi Sentinel being my first toon and with which i created the Legacy and it is a legacy lvl 50 now (I also bought a Stronghold with it and the Sent is still the owner, all rooms unlocked all bought with credits).

I have a level 70 Scoundrel on the T3-M4 without a legacy (boosted toon with 208 gear rating)

I want to transfer there a Jedi Shadow with some extra gear for him (basically the legacy gear i have from the crates from the Alliance leaders equiped with my rest of the 242 mods/ench/armorings) and some armor sets/relics and such stuff.

My dilemma now: Will my normal items be bound if i transfer the jedi shadow? Will i be able to transfer the legacy armors from the Alliance crates with the mods and ench in it? I basically put all the items i need on the destination server in inventory and cargo hold. For my 5 other toons that are remaining on my origin server, do i need to empty the legacy cargo hold or will it be unaffected? Same for the stronghold. I am just looking to transfer some items and not grind again on the destination server.

I apologize for my english and hope you understand what i wrote here.

If anything is unclear let me know.

Thank you and waiting for an answer!

The legacy cargo hold is not affected on either server. No items in it are transferred away from The Progenitor, and none are deleted on T3.

Characters who are not transferred are not affected. This includes all characters who remain behind and all characters already on the destination server.

The active legacy of the character being transferred changes from whatever it was on The Progenitor (let's say "P") to whatever you have on T3 (let's say "T").

All legacy bound items that transfer with that character will change from being bound to P to being bound to T, but they will still be legacy bound. (SWTOR does not have an equivalent of GW2's "Account bound, soulbound on equip" status.)

So yes, set up some legacy bound gear with mods that you would like to transfer, and transfer the character. ALL items in his personal inventory and ALL items in his personal cargo hold will transfer with him, and so will his credits.

If you haven't bought any strongholds on T3, then any you have on Progenitor will be unlocked but deactivated. To activate them, go to the Stronghold terminal on the fleet and pay the "repurchase" price. If you originally paid credits, this will be the normal purchase price of the base stronghold without extra rooms. If you originally paid cartel coins, the repurchase price is "free". Previously unlocked rooms will be unlocked on the newly activated strongholds without extra cost.

What per-character things won't transfer?

* The contents of your mailbox. Recover items and credits from your mail before transferring.

* Items listed on the GTN by the character who is moving. Cancel the sales or wait for them to finish, then recover the items and/or credits from the mail before transferring.

* Outfits set up in the Outfit Designer. If you no longer have the source gear(1), the outfit is probably gone for good.

(1) Starter armour for start-at-1 characters is the usual culprit here. It is trivially simple to lose this gear because it is "junk" when you visit a vendor, and it tends to get sold by the "Sell Junk" button, and then it's gone.