Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Concealment DPS Stat Priorities? (PvP)

Lordmird

I'm under the impression there isn't a large agreement on specific numbers for stats in 5.0...

In 4.0 we knew diminishing returns for crit began after 40%, so we stayed roughly 39/69 or 40/70. Alacrity wasn't incredibly important, and the general consensus was 0 accuracy for PvP.

Where are we now? I've seen an 1800 number for Crit (not sure what that translates to in percentage) but I'm doubting the validity of that source. How are you guys gearing?

I'm under the impression there isn't a large agreement on specific numbers for stats in 5.0...

In 4.0 we knew diminishing returns for crit began after 40%, so we stayed roughly 39/69 or 40/70. Alacrity wasn't incredibly important, and the general consensus was 0 accuracy for PvP.

Where are we now? I've seen an 1800 number for Crit (not sure what that translates to in percentage) but I'm doubting the validity of that source. How are you guys gearing?

I'll do another video guide to gear and talents when 5.2 comes out in case they put any more changes in there but for now I'd recommend:

0% accuracy

Up to around 1800 crit rating

Alacrity to your personal preference

I'm very confident that Mastery outperforms flat Power in terms of augments but the difference between the two is Power will give you 2 more bonus damage vs Mastery giving you 0.1 critical (not "surge) so assuming you do all Power or all Mastery that's 28 bonus damage vs 1.4 critical. Seeing that's really not much of a difference and we get a 10% surge bonus from meticulously kept blades I'm thinking Mastery will be slightly ahead. But I'm also thinking there's not much difference either way.

With alacrity, I run around 8%. If you don't like alacrity for whatever reason then I guess your best course of action is to go balls deep into crit and just accept you're getting savaged by the diminishing returns after 1800.

I'll do another video guide to gear and talents when 5.2 comes out in case they put any more changes in there but for now I'd recommend:

0% accuracy

Up to around 1800 crit rating

Alacrity to your personal preference

I'm very confident that Mastery outperforms flat Power in terms of augments but the difference between the two is Power will give you 2 more bonus damage vs Mastery giving you 0.1 critical (not "surge) so assuming you do all Power or all Mastery that's 28 bonus damage vs 1.4 critical. Seeing that's really not much of a difference and we get a 10% surge bonus from meticulously kept blades I'm thinking Mastery will be slightly ahead. But I'm also thinking there's not much difference either way.

With alacrity, I run around 8%. If you don't like alacrity for whatever reason then I guess your best course of action is to go balls deep into crit and just accept you're getting savaged by the diminishing returns after 1800.

All right, so pretty much same as before, except Crit up to 1800. For 4.0 I ran around 2-3% Alacrity, I'll probably bump it up a little now.

Cheers for the reply.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.