Patch

ErynLasgalen

Hello. I have been trying to download the latest patch since its release. So far the launcher has downloaded around 17 GB of data and shows that it's 40% od the whole patch. Looking at the patch notes I haven't noticed anything worth over 40GB download, so I guess the launcher is trying to download the whole game from scratch. Having a limited time and access to the internet (GB limit), I find this situation truly frustrating and quite discouraging since it's not the first time it happens. Does anyone have a suggestion how to stop downloading whole game with almost every new patch?

I got the same problem with the patch before the last patch. I was lucky, because I had the game installed on two systems, my computer and my laptop. So, I patched succesfully on my laptop (it worked w/o downloading the whole game) and then copied the game folder to my computer, so it just took me about 35 minutes of copying instead of a whole night of downloading.

Another thing, that can eventually work, is the Launcher Repair Utility. It solved every launcher problem, I cannot encounter with other methods in the past.

However, the unstable launcher situation made me saving a clean game folder on my external hard disk everytime after a bigger patch.

Edited by Exocor

GB Limit? Your Internet service is provided by barbarians.

It's marginally reasonable for 4G or other cellular / mobile service, but if you have a land line service of some kind (some sort of DSL, cable modem, fibre, whatever) then there's no excuse for them to impose any kind of limit.

Repair Launcher Utility is something I will never ever touch after what happened to me last time - I had to re-download game three times for it to actually work...

I still dare to hope there is an actual way to solve this problem beside this workaround, but many thanks for the idea - I'll definitely start saving the game on another computer.

You have, most likely, an problem many here have.

Then the solution is a small change on the Launcher.

But this means near a full Game Download again, but after that most of your problems should be gone.

Read the Guide carefully before doing anything.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Guide-How-to-Switch-to-Non-Streaming-Launcher/m-p/4867417#U4867417