Tips/tricks to using the GTN?

Mashugana

I am trying to sell things as I level on the GTN and it seems really cumbersome - any shortcuts? I basically just want to:

- Search the GTN for the item am selling

- See how much it is going for

- Post it near that price

Other MMOs let you drag the item over the GTN equivelent and it will automatically searchg that item, show you an averge price, etc. Can I do that in swtor? Or is it a manual process? Do I have to type out 'Metabolic Enhancement Agent' every time I want to see what they sell for?

Thanks

Keep in mind that items with words like "of" in them will not be directly searchable because of a minimum character limit to all search terms.

Otherwise though, yeah, just shift+click on the item with the buy window open and it will put the item name into the search field.

After that you can modify the item name if needed.

Open the GTN, hold 'shift' and clik on the items you want to find a price for. It'll be entered into the search box, then just click search. . .

If nothing comes up, there are none of that item for sale at the moment.

i love you - thank you :)

Keep in mind that items with words like "of" in them will not be directly searchable because of a minimum character limit to all search terms.

Usually, you can just delete some of the text to make it searchable, although then it won't be quite so specific.

Btw, the SHIFT-click on the item also works for putting item descriptions in a chat box - and also for displaying a quest title in chat.

Edited by JediQuaker

Usually, you can just delete some of the text to make it searchable, although then it won't be quite so specific.

Btw, the SHIFT-click on the item also works for putting item descriptions in a chat box - and also for displaying a quest title in chat.

That was why I said that you could then modify what you entered.

Not just to eliminate illegal search terms, but to also search for related things; To click on some utility armor pack, for example, and then edit out the "utility" part so that you can find other pieces and packs of that armor type.

Another small tip: Don't use "usable by" filter option in GTN search. That one never worked and Bioware never bothered to fix it or remove it.

For the OP's scenario of trying to find out what a particular item in his inventory is selling for, it's best to not use any filtering options. Just plug in the item name and hit search. Or be sure you hit the "reset" button before you plug in your item name. Otherwise you may get "no result" because you are searching under, say, "armor" and the item you entered is ... not armor.

Edited by Adric_the_Red