Missing reward companions

AnisaBadgett

My sniper received Shae Visla and Master Ranos while he was still doing Shadow of Revan content, meaning I took the item grants and opened them. This was probably in late Dec or early Jan, well after 5.0 dropped but he's one of a crowd of toons I have and I just got to him then. But he did have them as companions.

So I played him through to KotFE. I didn't pay any attention to his companions until this week. He's at the beginning of Chapter 3, so he has none of his class companions and just Lana.

Well, this is a crafting week, he's a crafter, and I wanted to get him through conquest. Except he only has Treek and Nico and Lana, and all at low levels. Shae and Ranos show up as "other contacts" not companions. Their grant items are gone, of course, because they were used and they weren't returned in any way.

I haven't gotten to Odessen yet to have the conversations, or to use the Impatience Terminal to get my higher-level old comps back. [Except for Kaliyo, I get that I will have to suffer the indignity that is Chapter 10 to get her.]

I'm not going to file a ticket, because I can theoretically fix this before I would even get a robo-answer, just thought I would pass along. If I can't get them back on Odessen, though, I will.

Edited by AnisaBadgett

My sniper received Shae Visla and Master Ramos while he was still doing Shadow of Revan content, meaning I took the item grants and opened them. This was probably in late Dec or early Jan, well after 5.0 dropped but he's one of a crowd of toons I have and I just got to him then. But he did have them as companions.

So I played him through to KotFE. I didn't pay any attention to his companions until this week. He's at the beginning of Chapter 3, so he has none of his class companions and just Lana.

Well, this is a crafting week, he's a crafter, and I wanted to get him through conquest. Except he only has Treek and Nico and Lana, and all at low levels. Shae and Ramos show up as "other contacts" not companions. Their grant items are gone, of course, because they were used and they weren't returned in any way.

I haven't gotten to Odessen yet to have the conversations, or to use the Impatience Terminal to get my higher-level old comps back. [Except for Kaliyo, I get that I will have to suffer the indignity that is Chapter 10 to get her.]

I'm not going to file a ticket, because I can theoretically fix this before I would even get a robo-answer, just thought I would pass along. If I can't get them back on Odessen, though, I will.

For Shae VIzla you have to complete the "Mandalore's Revenge" chapter, then you will get an alliance alert to recruit her. For Master Ranos, i don't know.

you get all of your sub rewards, pack/CM, treek, and HK-51 comps back at chapter ten (though some class companions come way after for story experience).

In your case before it too

I've been playing this game for four+ years and have 22 toons on one server alone, and a dozen at L70 and understand all too painfully about class companions being taken away from us by Knights of the No It Will Never Be KOTOR.:rolleyes:

What I'm trying to say is that my Sniper had unlocked and could summon Shae Visla and Master Ramos prior to starting KotFE. After starting KotFE, during chapter 3 in fact, I discovered they were demoted to Other Contacts and I could not use them for crafting. If this is supposed to be the norm -- they become like vanilla companions -- fine.

This was not the case with another toon in the same situation (although iirc, it was around KotFE Ch 4 or 5). I could summon Master Ranos and Shae Visla FOR CRAFTING during the first 9 chapters. Even though we haven't encountered them in game yet. She started KotFE sometime post 5.0.

I never lost Treek or HK51 during KotFE 1-9 on any toons. I wasn't summoning them for fighting, but I could send them on crafting missions. That is what I was looking to do with Ranos and Shae but could not ON JUST ONE TOON.

Edited by AnisaBadgett