The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

7600 CC Unstable Arbiter thoughts?

wongoli

Personally I think the price is absurdly high for just 1 weapon. That is just my opinion, wondering what the rest of the community thinks. I personally thought the Ashfall Tauntaun was pretty high but I'd still be willing to buy that with real money then the Unstable Arbiter saber.

I am quite shocked. 7600 CC or 53 Euros for a Lightsaber? I really want that item for Roleplaying reasons but that is just too much.

I can understand them not wanting the backlash that would result if they priced it lower when I hear that people spent even more insane amounts of money on crates to get one. But that does not change my opinion that the price is too high.

The whole thing makes me also more adamant not to buy any crates, much less to buy cartel coins to buy crates. Because it just shows you do not get enough value for your money, in my opinion.

I would be perfectly happy to buy things directly for around 10-15 Euros in time limited sales. If you want more money from me for stuff like that, put them up as a permanent buy or announce it some time in advance so that everyone can at least save up for it with their subscription coins and would'nt have to buy that much extra CC.

Edited by Serija

For this price it has to be a unique limited edition darth vader's favorite saber of legendary (i.e. one per server or region) quality item.

It should assume any crystal color you're currently thinking of.

It has to speak his catch phrases and it's lashes should echo with iconic images of his life's critical moments.

It should also summon Luke Skywalker as a companion pet when drawn.

Also it should always have BiS stats whatever you do with it, and you should be able to solo speedrun any NiM raid content with it and win all BGs single handedly.

Otherwise it should not cost more than the Gree saber which -actually- has sexier animation.

Edited by iFruit

Don't care. Seems reasonable to me.

It was an ultra-rare pack item once upon a time, so they have to be careful not to anger people that bought many of those packs "back in the day".

So sure, charge out the wazoo for it.

You want it? There it is.

Too much? Don't buy it. It isn't mechanically any better than other sabers so no one "needs" this.

And sabers, to me, are the least important weapons in terms of visuals.

I mean, sure, I want a saber that I like, but practically? The color crystal is the thing that is most important for sabers. When you are using the item your character's hand(s) cover most of the hilt.

Blasters are the reverse. Sure, I want to fire bolts that I like, but the weapon itself matters most to me.

So if I was going to pay this sort of money for a weapon (and I won't... Like I said, it's not a "better" weapon, just maybe better looking in some people's minds), it would be a blaster of some sort.

Edited by Mithros

Personally I think the price is absurdly high for just 1 weapon. That is just my opinion, wondering what the rest of the community thinks. I personally thought the Ashfall Tauntaun was pretty high but I'd still be willing to buy that with real money then the Unstable Arbiter saber.

I prefer paying the devs those 7600cc for it ratter than 150mil or more on GTN to hell know who. At least the devs can use the money to keep developing the game, the GTN dudes who sell that sort of stuff are most likely to just stack the money in their GBanks full of billions of credits that aren't even in use.