The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

"NOT OWNED" tag for items from CM on GTN

I think the title says it all.

I hate going through hundreds of things that I already have to find those that do not.

The item's tooltip shows if it is (I might not have the exact wording right):

* "Locked in Collection" => you've never unlocked this item for this legacy.

* "Unlocked in Collection for Character" => one of your characters in this legacy unlocked the item.(1)

* "Unlocked in Collection for Account " => you paid the fee to unlock it across your account.

(1) Yes, *one* (might be several) of your characters. It does not distinguish between "this character" and "another character".

But that's not really what you're asking for, by the sounds of it. What you want is a *search criterion* => "Hide items unlocked in collection"

And that isn't what you *really* want, either. You want the version of that checkbox that searches all your characters' inventories and cargo holds, your cartel pack Item Stash, and your legacy storage, and hides anything that's in there. AND which hides individual items that are in a box of armour pieces that are in one of those places.

And *that* is unreasonable. I guess the thing that checks your legacy for unlockedness is the best you can hope for. And yeah, it's not such a bad idea.

But that's not really what you're asking for, by the sounds of it. What you want is a *search criterion* => "Hide items unlocked in collection"

And that isn't what you *really* want, either.

My bad. I expressed myself poorly.

But you are wrong. This is EXACTLY what I want.

I have nearly 400 sets unlocked in the collection.

So I have almost 90% of the things that are on GTN.

I want a filter that shows me only those 10% of things that I do not have.

This would save me an insane amount of time! No more paging through 197 pages of mounts to find the few I don't have!

My thoughts exactly. ;)

In addition, there is already similar system in the game.

You can use filter SHOW UNCOLLECTED in your COLLECTIONS.

All we need is an option to use the same filter on GTN.

My bad. I expressed myself poorly.

But you are wrong. This is EXACTLY what I want.

I have nearly 400 sets unlocked in the collection.

So I have almost 90% of the things that are on GTN.

I want a filter that shows me only those 10% of things that I do not have.

No. You want the "I don't have one stuffed off in a corner somewhere that I haven't unlocked yet" option. You *have* that item (one might even go so far as to say you own it), but you haven't unlocked it yet. (My stash has so much stuff that there's bound to be something in there or in someone's cargo hold that's listed on the GTN. I don't really want to see it.)

No. You want the "I don't have one stuffed off in a corner somewhere that I haven't unlocked yet" option. You *have* that item (one might even go so far as to say you own it), but you haven't unlocked it yet. (My stash has so much stuff that there's bound to be something in there or in someone's cargo hold that's listed on the GTN. I don't really want to see it.)

You are wrong again.

Program something like this would be extremely difficult.

Only a madman would demand something like this.

You have to be realistic.

You are wrong again.

Program something like this would be extremely difficult.

Only a madman would demand something like this.

You have to be realistic.

I'm teasing slightly: "NOT OWNED" in the thread title, "not unlocked in collections" in the final conclusion...

And in general, I'd settle for "not unlocked in collections" as the best compromise between cost and benefit.

But, curiously, it isn't conceptually hard to program something like that. (Caveat Lector: I've been working as a programmer for the last quarter of a century, so I might know a thing or two about this.)

In concept:

* Search for the specific item in Collections (the same search that's done to determine whether the item is Locked, Unlocked for Character or Unlocked for Account).

* Not found? Search in the inventory of the current character.

* Not found? Search in the inventory of other characters on the same legacy.

* Not found? Search in the cargo holds of all characters of the legacy.

* Not found? Search in the legacy storage of the legacy.

* Not found? Do the above inventory and storage searches for every "container" that definitely has that item. That is every full-set armour box and every part-set armour box. If you're looking for the Darth Skotia trousers, for example, this means searching to see if the player has a full-set box of Skotia OR a "lower body" box of Skotia.

For further study: search the account's other legacies (on other servers).

This set of searches is (or should be) relatively straightforward to program, but would take an inordinate amount of time to run for every item in the GTN search results.