plz some1 explain with examples the dark vs light points

Kissakias

i'm returned player and found many changes, learning progressively but that dark vs light points is a bit hard for my english to understand

1. so i have a light char and i clicked the light icon, light side wins, get a cxp lvl and gain 1 point

2. so to gain dark points need to click to dark icon and wait dark side wins to earn dark side point? that will make my char progressively to be dark char since i run craft missions and all giving dark points which i dont want that

do i miss anything or is another way not to loose light side but gaining dark points?

• 4 weeks later...
i'm returned player and found many changes, learning progressively but that dark vs light points is a bit hard for my english to understand

1. so i have a light char and i clicked the light icon, light side wins, get a cxp lvl and gain 1 point

2. so to gain dark points need to click to dark icon and wait dark side wins to earn dark side point? that will make my char progressively to be dark char since i run craft missions and all giving dark points which i dont want that

do i miss anything or is another way not to loose light side but gaining dark points?

1. Yes. You get a a bit more CXP during the hour LS wins and if you got one more rank during this hour, you also get a token, which you can use to buy things at LS vendor. But you do not get a CXP LEVEL. Only a small bonus (a few CXP more than normally).

2. Yes. To earn dark tokens and bonus CXP during Dark winning hour, you need to switch. Or log to a character that is DS, if you have one.

You can switch back to LS after the dark hour is over. Also, if you want your character to reach Light Side V, having dark points won't prevent that. When your character collect 100.000 light points, all dark points will be cancelled and gone. Zero.

If you don't want dark points, the question is: do you need DS tokens? The CXP bonus is tiny (only a few points, so for example 73 CXP instead of 70), and tokens just give you a few pets and armour from the vendor. If you don't need any of those things, just stick to Light Side.

Edited by Lammia

Well first of all, this post doesn't belong here, as you aren't reporting a bug.

Secondly, you don't "lose" light or dark alignment points (mostly). Your light or dark alignment is the sum of your dark and light points, with light points being positive values and dark points negative. So if you have 40000 light points and 1000 dark points your total alignment is 39000 (Light II). And when you earn another 1000 light points, and have 41000 light and 1000 dark, your alignment total will will be 40000 (Light III). Exception: once you hit 100000 light points, additional light points you earn will reduce your dark points untill you hit full Light V alignment (100k light and 0 dark). But the only way you could actually "lose" light points would be to get all the way to 100k dark points, and only then would earning dark points take away light points from your alignment score.

Presumably, when you mention getting a dark or light "point" when you gain a GC level, you are talking about earning the dark or light "tokens" to use at the DvL vendors on fleet. You get a "token" when you gain a GC level while the side you are fighting for is leading or in the "victory state" (not just when they win). And you only have to have that side selected when you hit your next GC level, not the whole time you are leveling.

So you can hit the button for "light" side, and earn light side points while gaining CXP, and keep an eye on how close you are to leveling. Also keep an eye on which side is winning DvL Then when you are about to level, click the button for "dark" side so you will get a dark "token" when you level. (You may have to log off and play a different character while waiting for the Dark side to be ahead, before you get those last few CXP to level and get your dark "token"). Then click back to "light" side to keep earning light points until you're close to your next GC level.

Depending on how careful you are, you could get to within a few points of your next level, click "dark", kill one elite mob for the 7 CXP to hit your next GC level, then click "light" and go back to earning "light" points for stuff you do. And whatever "loss" of alignment you take for killing that one mob with the "dark" button clicked will be easily countered when you kill another mob or complete a heroic or whatever else after clicking back to fighting for the "light" side.

Once you hit Light V alignment (100k light and 0 dark), earning those few dark points will briefly drop you from Light V to Light IV, but you'll only need to earn an equal number of Light points to erase those dark points and get back to Light V again.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

Well first of all, this post doesn't belong here, as you aren't reporting a bug.

Secondly, you don't "lose" light or dark alignment points (mostly). Your light or dark alignment is the sum of your dark and light points, with light points being positive values and dark points negative. So if you have 40000 light points and 1000 dark points your total alignment is 39000 (Light II). And when you earn another 1000 light points, and have 41000 light and 1000 dark, your alignment total will will be 40000 (Light III). Exception: once you hit 100000 light points, additional light points you earn will reduce your dark points untill you hit full Light V alignment (100k light and 0 dark). But the only way you could actually "lose" light points would be to get all the way to 100k dark points, and only then would earning dark points take away light points from your alignment score.

Presumably, when you mention getting a dark or light "point" when you gain a GC level, you are talking about earning the dark or light "tokens" to use at the DvL vendors on fleet. You get a "token" when you gain a GC level while the side you are fighting for is leading or in the "victory state" (not just when they win). And you only have to have that side selected when you hit your next GC level, not the whole time you are leveling.

So you can hit the button for "light" side, and earn light side points while gaining CXP, and keep an eye on how close you are to leveling. Also keep an eye on which side is winning DvL Then when you are about to level, click the button for "dark" side so you will get a dark "token" when you level. (You may have to log off and play a different character while waiting for the Dark side to be ahead, before you get those last few CXP to level and get your dark "token"). Then click back to "light" side to keep earning light points until you're close to your next GC level.

Depending on how careful you are, you could get to within a few points of your next level, click "dark", kill one elite mob for the 7 CXP to hit your next GC level, then click "light" and go back to earning "light" points for stuff you do. And whatever "loss" of alignment you take for killing that one mob with the "dark" button clicked will be easily countered when you kill another mob or complete a heroic or whatever else after clicking back to fighting for the "light" side.

Once you hit Light V alignment (100k light and 0 dark), earning those few dark points will briefly drop you from Light V to Light IV, but you'll only need to earn an equal number of Light points to erase those dark points and get back to Light V again.

dark side points, reason is the 3 speeders with 50 each :/