Re-organizing data.

Battlekender

Drives me nurtz. Why does it re-organize, why so often, and WHY SO SLOW?

I've read up on it in this aged post:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673644 (couldn't put this post in that linked one because it is read only).

and attempted everything that was suggested to no avail. Still. Slower. Than. An. Elderly. Snail. Traveling. Uphill. Against. The. Wind.

Help?

Please?

BattleKender

Ignore the reply above regarding game backup since it won't save you any time to backup the game to an external drive. When you remove bitraider which is still the correct advice the game has to download most of the files in a new format anyway since the bitraider streaming files are different from standard files.

This is a one time effort that needs a bit because of the new download but it's well worth it to remove that bitraider crap which is responsible for the extremely slow and thoroughly file check and organizing at each patch day.

What you need to do is

1. Terminate all bitraider processes in the task manager

2. Deinstall everything with Bitraider in it from the installed programs

3. Edit the launcher. settings file in the swtor directory (search the web for "swtor bitraider removal" on how to do that (only two little changes within that file). Save it with the changes, restart the launcher, wait for the download and be happy ever after on each patch day

I hope this was understandable for you.

Edited by Khaleg

I guess you still have problems with this crap compared to what it would be without bitraider but have way more patience than the rest of us. ☺️

This. Yup. It works SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better without bitraider and I never had an error. Like patches take 30 sec to 5 min tops. Before it was taking 20 min to 2.5 hrs.

It hurts one time to disable bitraider and take the complete new download again for the non-bitraider version. But for most, it is completely worth the effort as most all of patching problems revolve around one or more issues with the bitraider version of the game install.

Your choice.. but personally, I would bite the bullet and do it... unless you do not intend to play the game long term. Even then.. you may come back later and you will love not having to deal with bitraider induced patching chaos.

If you do convert from the bitraider version.... I would suggest you make a copy of your game install and put it away in case you ever need a reinstall... you won't have to go through a full download again.

Those of us who installed from the original game disks (not the free download from swtor.com) never had the bitraider version... and I personally plan to never ever let it get a foothold on my computer.

Edited by Andryah

If anyone is having issues with reorganizing data, slow launcher downloads, or other patching problems, they should consider removing Bitraider. Bitraider is a streaming and downloading service that EA throws in with a lot of their games that tends to cause a lot of problems for the user.

Here's a guide to removing Bitraider:

Be warned, removing Bitraider will redownload the game. It should also be noted that uninstalling Bitraider and actually configuring the patcher to not use Bitraider are two different things. Simply uninstalling Bitraider and nothing else will cause the patcher to simply download Bitraider again. You need to edit the settings file to not use Bitraider which is explained in the guide above.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.